Overview of farms 133 and framemarket

Can someone tell a newbie (me) an overview of these? Is framemarket a theme or an engine for a theme? Do I need a specific child theme to use it or do I just make a child theme myself? "FrameMarket is the parent theme for our MarketPress themes." What does that mean? Where do I find the child themes? "Any child themes can be found under themes/." What???

What is the farms 133 theme(s)? Do I install all of them onto my single site, or only one? Is there a list of them or do I need to look at the screenshot.png for each one?

Just an overview explanation would be nice. Thanks.

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Can someone tell a newbie (me) an overview of these? Is framemarket a theme or an engine for a theme?

It's a theme which contains a child theme (GridMarket) which you will need to install on your site to utilize the features of FrameMarket.

Do I need a specific child theme to use it or do I just make a child theme myself?

You can use the included child theme or create your own as well.

"FrameMarket is the parent theme for our MarketPress themes." What does that mean? Where do I find the child themes? "Any child themes can be found under themes/." What???

Once you install framemarket, navigate to the wp-content/themes/framemarket/themes folder and you will see gridmarket.

Move the gridmarket folder to /wp-content/themes and you will see that Gridmarket theme will be installed on your site. Just activate it and start using it.

What is the farms 133 theme(s)? Do I install all of them onto my single site, or only one? Is there a list of them or do I need to look at the screenshot.png for each one?

That is a collection of 133 themes which you can download and use on a single or different projects. Its mainly used for Multisite networks to offer many themes to your users.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.