Own Control panel for Appointments+ ?

Hi, I installed the Appointments+ and it works well. Now, since I installed this for a client on their website, I have a feature request.
Would it be possible to create a separate Logon Panel just to access appointments+ ?
Reason: If the client's business lets the receptionist take manual bookings, they need to logon to do so. We don't want the receptionist to access the whole Wordpress site Dashboard, only appoinments+
Makes sense so far?
Creating a new user with limited privilages does not work since they cant just access app+ but would also see the other plugins, pages etc.
So yes, if anyone has an idea how to do that.. you would be a very popular person :slight_smile:

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Tom Eagles - Hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi @Groggo

v1.3 included an add-on to manage permissions.
    However there is a bug as per post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/modify-appointments-admin-options-more

I have detailed in the post how to activate the add-on and what happens if you do.

However @Vladislav, the developer has attached v1.3.1-BETA-3 that should resolve the problem if you activate the permissions add-on.

Please Note I've not tested this feature with the BETA version and I understand that a new version of A+ is due out soon so you may wish to wait.

If you decide to upload v1.3.1-BETA-3 I suggest you take a backup of your site and database so if need be you can rollback to v1.3.

Hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Tom Eagles and @Groggo

Unless I'm mistaken I'm pretty sure this is what the A+ add-on does.

However @Tom Eagles would it be possible to confirm with @Vladislav if the add-on restricts access to the Wordpress dashboard and full access to A+ or the other way round.

Regards
    SteveB

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The add-on will actually allow you to limit the access to parts of Appointments+ interface for certain user roles on your site. The showing or hiding of the rest of the WordPress dashboard will depend on the capabilities those roles have. To get just where you want to be, perhaps you'd want to look into using something like User Role Editor plugin to create some custom roles, with exactly scoped access permissions, then use the mentioned administrative permissions Appointments+ add-on to grant them access to the plugin interface within the dashboard.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Groggo

They are part of v1.3

If you log-in to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Then select A+ settings
    There is a tab called 'Add-ons'
    If you click on this the permissions add-on is the top one
    If you activate then select the 'A+ General' tab and scroll down to the bottom and some additional information relating to permission allocation will be visible.

However as per my earlier post:

However @Vladislav, the developer has attached v1.3.1-BETA-3 that should resolve the problem if you activate the permissions add-on.

Please Note I've not tested this feature with the BETA version and I understand that a new version of A+ is due out soon so you may wish to wait.

If you decide to upload v1.3.1-BETA-3 I suggest you take a backup of your site and database so if need be you can rollback to v1.3.

Regards
    SteveB

• Groggo
    • Flash Drive

Sorry, haven't had a chance yet to test this. I prefer to wait for the A+ official upgrade (as I don't like BETA and don't want to upset my clients site if problems arise as I am the one that will be responsible)
    If I have some time I'll try it on my test site later.
    Thanks to all involved for your great contributions! WPMU DEV is great!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.