Page Caching not working

After updating Hummingbird to version 2.0, Page Caching is not caching front-end pages. Page Cache also deactivated by itself automatically. In the logs I am getting:

Page not cached because of active cron or ajax request.

Skipping page. Used HEAD method. Only GET allowed.

Server cron is enabled and triggered every 5 min.

• John
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Ash,

It has been a week now and I’ve heard nothing further on this issue. Is somebody looking at it? If not are you able to provide an ETA for when someone will be available to look?

Thanks,

John

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’m pinging our developer regarding this and will get back to you once I get further feedback regarding the status of the issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience due to this. Will keep you posted asap. Have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi John,

Got an update from the developer regarding this, on further troubleshooting this seems more related to a conflict in the system. Most probably it could be related to the security plugin which is preventing the Hummingbird plugin from caching, or it could be the Geo Location plugin.

I could also notice there are a lot to rules inside .htaccess file which could also cause conflicts since it’s a live site, is it possible to temporarily remove the rules in .htaccess file, and switch to default rules of WordPress, and see how page caching works in your live site?

Since I don’t see any mention about conflict test performed, and if it isn’t possible to run a conflict test due to the Live site. Is it possible to set up a staging website where a plugin conflict test as mentioned in the following flowchart could be performed:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

Asking the hosting provider to set up a staging site should help us in troubleshooting the issue further, or you could use the Shipper Pro plugin to create staging.

Please do let us know how you are looking forward to troubleshooting this further. Have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Nithin

• John
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

We do have a dev instance of the site that I’d be able to do a conflict test on, so will carry that out.

Also it’s worth noting that hummingbird was working perfectly at v1.9.x, it was the upgrade to v2.x that broke the caching whilst the surrounding environment remained consistent.

As a stop-gap measure, is 1.9.x available anywhere so that I could downgrade to it?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi John,

We do have a dev instance of the site that I’d be able to do a conflict test on, so will carry that out.

That would be really helpful if you could test whether you could replicate the same issue with version 2.0 in the dev site. If yes, check whether disabling the plugins would bring any difference.

As a stop-gap measure, is 1.9.x available anywhere so that I could downgrade to it?

You can download the version from the plugin homepage in here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-hummingbird/

Clicking on the “Changelog” link when logged in, should list out the plugin version along with download link for each plugin version.

Please let us know how the test goes in your dev website, looking forward to your response. Have a great weekend ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.