Page issues with Upfront

When I recently switched themes, I had an About page created through the WordPress Pages menu. I cannot get that content to display on the About page Upfront page editor. Any reason why? Support access is enabled.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Eric,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I visited your site and I can see the current /about page on front-end. There's also another "About" page ("/about-2" slug) in the dashboard but it seems like it's the same one. I may be missing something but I can't see any other "About" page in the site's dashboard - could you please point me to the one you cannot get to work in Upfront?

I'd like to find and check it in your site's dashboard.

Please advise!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Eric,

hope you're doing really well and don't mind skipping in! :slight_smile:

I want to see my content and not the theme's template.

Consider the template (or even better, layouts) as a place where different elements lies. One of those element may be the actual post data which is the content you may insert through the WordPress backend editor. Some layouts don't use at all this content but this doesn't mean that it's unreachable. You can use it like a draggable element right through Upfront's editor like:
    Draggable Elements -> Data -> Post Data

I want to be able to edit all the theme defaults, such as the "Blog" template for the categories.

You can alter the Blog template through Upfront again. Choose the appropriate page/url and then click on section where the posts are press the cog button. Then you'll have plenty of options to modify the query, the presentation of posts and lots more.

Any way I can make these changes universally?

Please note that if you're editing the posts block of a category page, then upon saving you will prompted if you wish to save only for the current archive all make it for all archives of this type. :wink:

Feel free to post back here if more help is required. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.