Page not found/ White text in text area

Hi,

I've installed Q&A and have 2 issues:

1: (minor but annoying) clicking the ask a question button gives a page not found in browser title bar

2: The text in the text editor for entering questions is white, and therefore cannot be seen?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adventureartist,

Thank you for bringing these significant issues to our attention.

1: (minor but annoying) clicking the ask a question button gives a page not found in browser title bar

I have tried to replicate this but unfortunately I cannot as shown on my test production server: http://testing.aecnuwpmu.us/questions/

I think that this may also be due to my SEO Ultimate plugin is overriding the title though it is indeed deactivated.

Can you please post a screen shot or URL so that we may check this out first hand?

2: The text in the text editor for entering questions is white, and therefore cannot be seen?

This is another issue that I cannot reproduce as you can also see in my test site above. Something is obviously overriding the css so the text has been change to white.

What theme are you using?

In any event this can probably be overridden in the Questions --> Settings --> Additional css rules

I just do not know what rule to enter there if this is indeed the cure.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

The first one looks like a theme and/or SEO plugin issue. Try switching to BP default theme first.

For the second one you have 2 javascript errors on the page:
    http://www.adventureartists.co.nz/questions/ask/

The errors are not only about Q&A.

I see that you are using W3T with "minify" option enabled. This option does not work well in every case. Please deactivate Minify option.

And as a rule of thumb, please make your tests while any caching plugin completely deactivated first.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.