Page Not Loading Properly

Page having several errors shown on browser console. It is currently not loading properly, missing content.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Mitchell

I hope you're fine today!

I checked the site and there was a long list of "500 Internal Server Error" errors for most of the JS/CSS resources that the site was trying to load. Once I checked files on server I found out that the content of .htaccess was missing entirely - the .htaccess as empty.

While the site is powered by Apache webserver, the .htaccess is necessary for WordPress to work properly, especially if it's a sub-domain multisite setup. I've added proper rules to the file and while the errors weren't gone, they changed from "500 Internal" to "404 Not found".

Digging "deeper" I found that there's a .htacess file inside "/wp-content/plugins" folder (all the "404-ing" resources were related to plugins - so that's why I looked in there) and there was a rule forcing a change of the .php.ini file load.

It seems it was left-over from either some plugin that was removed (such as e.g. Ninja Firewall or similar) or the site was migrated recently from some other host. I'm not sure as I have no way to check this but hopefully that says something to you :slight_smile:

Anyway, this was blocking loading these resources and after commenting the rule out, the site seems to be loading fine.

Could you please take a look at the site to see if you can confirm that?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Mitchell
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello,

Thanks. It does seem to be working but I cannot log in to the subdomains like:http://paris.lawyers123.org/wp-login.php

I am getting a cookie error but my cookies are enabled.

Can you check on that for me too, please?

Regards,

MH

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mithcell,

This sometimes happens and it's usually browser caching causing it and it goes away after a day or two.
    I just tested it and it worked fine for me, I logged into that subsites without any issues.

When this happened on my installation the thing is that even though the error showed the login actually worked, so when it shows the error just change the URL to yourdomain.com/wp-admin and it should show you as logged in.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.