Hi,

Page not show the proper format.
http://www.screencast.com/t/PquFqtzmK1H
Thanks,
Jeff Jackson

• Nastia

Hello Jeff

I hope you are doing well!

Please clarify, you've created a page layout with the Upfront Builder and then created a new page with Upfront Editor?

If once you've created a theme, activated it on your site and made changes with Upfront Editor, any changes made with Upfront Builder will not be applied to this theme anymore.

A solution here is to reset a theme to a default state. Go to Upfront > General, under Debug Options, click on the "Reset Theme"

Please note, that all changes you've made with Upfront Editor will be lost at that point.

If the above is not the case, please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know when you do!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Jeff

Hi,

I created a theme yoe within that active them I created posts and pages. It shows up with editor just fine. How do I assign the new design to the pages. If I reset the theme will a lose all the work on the home page and the post and page design. I have spend several hours creating the home page I don't want to start completely over.

Also I don't understand the difference between upfront builder and upfront editor.

Thanks,
    JEff Jackson

• Sajid

Hello Jeff,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

How do I assign the new design to the pages.

To assign a design to all pages, you have to create a layout for the pages using Upfront Builder.

Go to Dashboard -> Upfront -> Builder, edit your theme and click on Layouts button in the left settings panel.

This way, you can create a design for all your pages on your website.

You can also create different variations of page design (page templates) from Upfront Builder -> Layouts -> Single Page too. When you click on single page from dropdown, you will be asked to give this page template a name. This can then be selected from page attribute of default WordPress edit page or while creating a new page using the Upfront Editor.

If I reset the theme will a lose all the work on the home page and the post and page design.
    If you have created the home page using the Upfront Editor instead of Upfront Builder then resetting the theme will result in lost of that data.

Also I don't understand the difference between upfront builder and upfront editor.

Upfront Editor is use to customize and edit existing themes. Where as Upfront Builder is a plugin to create a new theme from scratch that can be exported and used on any other sites (including the one it has been created on).

So, if you are not planning to use this theme on exporting it and using on other WordPress sites. Then you can stick with Upfront Editor.

For more detailed information, please checkout our documentation here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/upfront-and-themes/

How can I change the page structure without losing everything.

What you mean by page structure ?

The home page ?

Or the individual pages ?

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support