Page Section Navigation Widget

Hi,

I am searching for a navigation widget that can be used for navigation to various sections on my page. The pages in my wordpress site are fairly long and so I need this widget. The widget must be configurable so far as color etc is concerned.

Regards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Vijay Agarwal,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

There is no need to install additional plugins for this as WordPress comes with this included.

What you need to do is switch to Text editor when editing your page and add <!-- nextpage --> where you want next page to start.
    If copy/paste of the code is not working try typing it yourself.

Pagination will use default theme styling but you can tweak it using CSS.
    If you need help with adjusting the look of pagination let us know and we would be happy to help you out with the changes :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Vijay,

Oh, you want to add anchors to your page, I totally misunderstood that, sorry :slight_smile:

In that case you can also do this manually.
    What you will need to do is create a link on top of your page that will link to desired section.

Let's say somewhere in your page you have section that is called My Awesome Section
    You can wrap that section with an header tag and give it ID, ID will be used to link that title.
    So when you switch to Text editor your title will look something like this:
    <h2 id="myawesomesection">My Awesome Section</h2>

This will be the position your page will when you click on link we will create now.
    On top of your content you will need to place link to your section that will have #ID instead of the actual URL, so the link will look something like this:
    <a href="#myawesomesection">Go to My Awesome Section</a>

And that's it, create your anchors and links and you will be good to go, just remember that each ID must be unique.

Or you can try using plugin like this one:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-anchor-links/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Vijay,

Anchors work that way they require specific ID in element in order to link to that section, I'm not aware of any plugins/widgets that can link by the numbers or titles, this is how HTML anchors links work.

Making a custom solution, maybe with jquery, would require some custom coding, so if you want to customize this I can suggest you post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.