Page Speed

Could you give me advise on my pagespeed. I want to be in the green and not too sure what more I need to do or how to get there. I have run the tested have not been able to eliminate the errors with the plugs. Is there another plug in that can do it.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Wayne

I hope you're well today and thank you for reaching out to us.

I checked your site and I think the first thing to star with would be to do some clean up there. The site currently suffers from "over-optimization" which can lead not only to unexpected issues in a long run (such as some parts of the site not functioning properly) but also to a sever decrease of the performance.

By "over-optimization" I mean that there are currently 3 plugins doing asset optimization at the same time and two plugins performing full caching at the same time. This is the kind of activities that shouldn't overlap at all and they must be carefully configured.

There might also be other things to optimize/tweak but that is an absolute foundation to start with.

Since this involves some serious changes, I didn't make them yet as I'd rather have you explicit permission to change that configuration first. What I would do would be to adjust configuration of Autoptimie, W3TC and Hummingbird plugins to be able to safely disable the first two and then I'd try to tweak Hummingbird configuration as much as possible to "squeeze" as much performance from your site as possible this way.

What I wouldn't do would be changing other plugins or themes or editing content in any way.

Let me know, please, if you agree. It'd be also strongly suggested that you take a full backup of the site first. I don't anticipate anything to happen but it's always better to be safe than sorry :wink:

Anyway, once that's done we could then assess the site performance again and see what else could be done to speed it up. Would that be fine for you?

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.