Page title and page description for the homepage

Today I have installed the "Business Services" theme and really liked it for its simplicity and easy of use. But in the theme options I didn't understand why when I fill in the "Page title" and "Page description" fields of the homepage tab that text appear on the other pages in the place of the main image. Is this the correct behavior?
Please, take a look at the test site:
http://adapta.wspt.com.br/
When we access the homepage the main image appears just bellow the logo. When you click in the other links ("empresas", "serviços", "portifolio", ...) instead of the main image we have the "Page Title For The Homepage" text and bellow a dummy text for the Page description, options that I filled in in the homepage theme options...

• aecnu

Greetings Marcelo,

Thank you for this great question, it is certainly appreciated.

I have visited your site and do confirm that this is indeed the anticipated reaction when you have indeed inserted a Page Title and Page Description.

What do it look like when you do not add a Page Title and Page Description?

I have seen this same type of style being implemented in the Blogs MU theme as you can see here how I dealt with it: http://wpmu-hosting.org/

Please advise how you intend to deal with this section.

Cheers, Joe

• marcelo_rocha

Hello, Joe.
    Nice to have your assistance once more :slight_smile:
    After seeing it in your site I can understand its use and functions as a slogan for the other pages. For this testing site I'm working now doesn't make sense to have some message repeated on all pages so I decided to apply a simple style with a background color for that area. We could use a custom image for each page also that would be a good solution if the client has some of them for using there - I don't want to complicate the things for now... My idea is making many variations for each of the themes using always a child theme for each one.
    Well, I'm really happy with all the assistance I'm getting here at WPMU DEV community and will have many questions to make :slight_smile: but I think would be better to open a new one each time the subject changes in the way to be more helpful for the other members here, do you agree?

Thank you very much once more,
    Marcelo Rocha.

• aecnu

Greetings Marcelo,

Thank you for your additional input, it is certainly appreciated and welcome of course.

For this testing site I'm working now doesn't make sense to have some message repeated on all pages so I decided to apply a simple style with a background color for that area.

That sounds like it will work just fine :smiley:

I think would be better to open a new one each time the subject changes in the way to be more helpful for the other members here, do you agree?

Absolutely Marcelo you are spot on. It not only makes it easier for the technician involved, but also for members searching for answers.

Thank you for the compliments and for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.