Pages Copied With Multisite Content Copier Not Appearing

I just installed the Multisite Content Copier. It appears to work fine. I choose the pages I want copied and select the site to copy them to, and the plug says that the content is copied. So it appears to work -- and I don't get any errors. But when I go to the site that should have received the copied pages, they aren't there. Any idea why this is happening?

  • Nithin
    • Support Wizard

    Hi Mark,

    I gave a quick test in my system, and I wasn't able to replicate this issue, the pages seems to have copied without issue. Is that a custom post type? Could you please specify the page, and the subsite to which you have copied this.

    To have a better understanding of this issue, I would like to check your website, and it's setting. Could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

    Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

    Kind Regards,
    Nithin

  • Mark
    • Flash Drive

    Thanks, Nithin. I've granted access. And then I went back to check the pages I was trying to copy, and now they appear on the new site. So it looks like everything worked fine. But it took a few hours for the pages to show up. I don't know if that's normal, but I guess I just need to be patient! Thanks for your help.

  • Nithin
    • Support Wizard

    Hi Mark,

    That's odd the changes should have happened instantly. Thank you for enabling support access, I checked your website, and it seems like you are using Varnish server side cache. This could be the reason, and depending upon your Varnish configuration some changes may appear only after some time, when the cache expires. Please try a test copy, and see whether you are able to see the changes immediately, after you purge the cache.

    If you still have issues even after purging, you could try increasing your memory limit, and see whether that helps. To increase your memory limit, you'll have to create a php.ini file inside your root directory, and add the following rules to it:
    For eg:

    upload_max_filesize = 128M
    post_max_size = 256M
    memory_limit = 512M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 180

    If you aren't able to increase your memory limit, would recommend you to get in touch with your host, in order to increase these values.

    Please check this link for more info:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

    Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

    Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.