Pages don't copy over even though it says it's successful

When I use the multisite content copier plugin, it doesn't copy all the pages I specify from one site to another - even though it tells me all the files have copied over successfully, I don't see them all in the target site.

When I go into the individual pages and tell it to copy the page to a target site group, it tells me it's successful, but sometimes it doesn't copy the file over as I can't find it in the target site.

• Dawn Bain

For the copying multiple pages, it appears to only copy over the pages I select from the first display list, and not all the other ones I added from the other search result page.

For the individual page copy, it sometimes take a few minutes before you can see the page in the target site. How much of a delay should there be between the time it says it successfully copied the page to the time you can see it on the target site? A few times, I still can't see the page it was supposedly copied over successfully, even after I waited for over 5 minutes. I would have to do the same action again, and after waiting again from the 2nd or 3rd attempt, then I will see the copied page on the target site.

Is there something specific about this plugin that I need to know about the wait time or how to make it more reliable? The cloner plugin works great, but I don't want to clone the entire site; I only want to copy over certain pages (and hence why I want to use this multisite content copier plugin).

• Rupok

Hi Dawn Bain,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience and this is not supposed to happen. Can you please tell us which site of your network you are copying the pages from? I'll then create a test subsite on your network and will try to copy the same pages, will try to replicate this issue on your site and then troubleshoot.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Dawn,

I can see the issue on your site - I created wpmudevtest subsite and tried to copy all the pages from the main site to it and I could only do that for only 23 pages.
    I checked your memory limits if they maybe too low, but they look fine.

I would like to check debug.log for that. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

When its enabled please try running copying pages again to test subsite.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.