Pages not protected

hi

I have selceted my pages "positive rules" that I want to password protect for my site (membership called Medlem).

But it is still wideopen i.e. NOT protected (I have logged out and tried using a different browser :grinning:

I want the plugin to redirect to the "protected page"

For example this page should be protected: http://webbseminarium.com/medlemmar/videomodulerna/video-01/

• Patrick

Hi @jonascarlstrom

Welcome to the forums!

The Membership plugin does not add a password-protect feature to your content.

If you want users to be redirected to your "Protected Content" page when they try to visit a page they do not have access to, you should add those pages to the negative rules.

Just use either negative or positive rules though. Using both types of rules under the "Advanced" tab can lead to problems depending on how your site is set up.

If you want to password-protect pages, that is done in the post editor of the specific page. Click the "Edit" link next to "Visibility" and adjust the settings (see screenshot)

• jonascarlstrom

You said:
    "The Membership plugin does not add a password-protect feature to your content."

Why use a membership plugin if I cant password protect pages?

#2 I am NOT interested in just passwordprotect a page using a password (same for all customers).

The ONLY reason I got this plugin was to be able to one simple thing -quick.

1) Have a buy now button on my blog (to my one-time payment membership site - deliver the product)

2) They pay by Paypal/2checkout - after payment they are forwarded to register their account (username + password) on the reg. page

3) They get lifelong ACCESS to all the pages on the site I have selected to protected using thier "own" user+pass

I cant find any guides or videos how to set this up.

Are you saying this cant be done by wpmudev - then I´ll for a refund asap

Regards Jonas

• Zyniker

I believe there may have been some miscommunication here. What Patrick is saying is that the Membership plugin does not create a password-protected set of pages, this is true. What you are asking, I believe, is something slightly different: Does Membership protect content via login credentials (i.e., user name and password)? The answer to that question is yes.

What you want to do is add positive access rules for the membership level you want to access the pages and then restrict those pages to members only. If you have content that you want nonmembers to view, then create a "Non-Member Access" group (or some similar group) and create a positive rule for the content you want those members to access.

In short: Positive rule = this group can access this resource; negative rule = this group cannot access this resource.

• PC

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.