Pages Quota not disabling the ability to create a new page...

I've tested this for the first time tonight and made note that the Pages Quota doesn't work as expected. It doesn't allow a user to publish a new page, but they can still create one (it sets it as a Draft). Their also is no notice advising a visitor they need to upgrade to create (or publish) additional pages (I do however see an upgrade notice under the Media Library upload about increasing storage space).

Why does it not completely disable the ability to create pages and why does it not display a notice to upgrade? I suspect this will cause significant confusion with my users.

• Arun Basil Lal

Hey there,

I just tested it out, because I had seen such a notice before. And I see the notice again too.

See the screenshot attached. The user can submit the page / post for review, but cannot publish it. Isn't this how you see it?

Are you sure you have set it right in Pro Sites settings? You need to choose the minimum level to remove the quote, not the minimum level upto which quotas will be active. You can also specify the message. Screenshot included.

• mmedia

Yes, it's set correctly.

I see though why the message isn't showing up. We have the error notifications disabled on our administrative panel for those that aren't super admins due to it being common place for plugin developers to abuse the space, advertising or requesting donations in them. Additionally, we don't want our clients to see upgrade/update notices of any sort. So unlike the Upload Quota which doesn't use that notification error, the Page Quota does and it explains why we can't see it. This is of course problematic for us as it provides us with no Page Quota notification for our website.

As mentioned in my previous post, Pro Sites is still allowing a user to create (or add if you would like to put it that way) pages beyond their limit, just not Publish them. And again, I suspect this will be confusing to our website's users, especially without a Page Quota notification. I would prefer that the Add New be completely disabled as opposed to allowing users who have reached their quota to still create pages.

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one as the Support rep dealing this issue is unfortunately no longer with us.

Are you still seeking support on this one ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.