Pagination

Hi,
I had a trawl around but couldn't find this issue.

If you set pagination to on ( I have it set to 5 products per page to force this issue), I am finding that on the first page of products in a chosen category actually shows the "previous" arrow where you would expect it to be showing the "next" arrow - strange.

Also can I control where the arrow actually appears on the page because the placement seems to be a bit random from category to category.

I am using Gridmarket 1.2 theme, Market press version 2.11

I have attached a screenshot, just look for the red arrow and the page can be seen here , just click on the "previous" arrow and the following page will have a "next" arrow on it, this is happening throughout the site though

Cheers

Dave

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Placement is due to it coming after the last item and therefor if not divisible by 4. Or in the grid so to speak, it shows there. To get a true grid just show divisible by 4. You can add a CSS clear:both should you prefer.

As for showing different next or previous this uses a core function from MarketPress so to test can you try say Twenty Ten and MarketPress? I'd like to know on your install with you settings if this displays the next previous issue... It won't the grid issue of course.

• ozbod
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Tammie,

Placement is due to it coming after the last item and therefor if not divisible by 4. Or in the grid so to speak, it shows there. To get a true grid just show divisible by 4. You can add a CSS clear:both should you prefer.

Could you give me an example of the CSS you mention above and roughly where it shopuld be placed please.

Testing of existing set up

switched the theme to 2010 and it busted the site! Please see the screenshot and I have pasted the error log below as well.

[Sun Jun 19 07:23:23 2011] [error] [client 82.153.29.159] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://www.roughrocks.co.uk/roughrockshop/store
    [Sun Jun 19 07:24:36 2011] [error] [client 82.153.29.159] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://www.roughrocks.co.uk/roughrockshop/store
    [Sun Jun 19 07:27:26 2011] [error] [client 82.153.29.159] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://www.roughrocks.co.uk/roughrockshop/store
    [Sun Jun 19 07:27:40 2011] [error] [client 82.153.29.159] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://www.roughrocks.co.uk/roughrockshop/store
    [Sun Jun 19 07:28:01 2011] [error] [client 82.153.29.159] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://www.roughrocks.co.uk/roughrockshop/store

Basically if I click on any link apart for the Bloodstone it breaks so I am unable to test as you requested.

I will switch back to Framemarket now and see what happens, Wow it's trashed will open another entry below about this

• ozbod

Sorry, my mistake, only had one cuppa so far this morning, I should not have switched to Framemarket I should have gone back to Gridmarket, it's all as it should be now thanks.

Looking forward to your replies to the previous post

One thing I didn't mention in the last post, I was using the Product Category widget to generate the Categories list, hope that helps.

Cheers

Dave

• ozbod

Hi Tammie,

yes you are right, if I set the Presentation > Paginate products to a number like 4, 8 16 etc then the arrow is in the correct, however, on the first page full of products we are seeing the "previous" arrow and on the next page we are seeing the "next" arrow, should be the other way around.

Cheers

Dave

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

You've been busy this morning :slight_smile:

Reading through this it's sorted or is that not the case if you do the next / previous as a divisible by 4?

For the clear all you have to do is in your child CSS do something like this:

.nav-previous {
        float: left;
       clear:both;
    }

I'm not really seeing an answer to the question of next / previous on Twenty-Ten but was that as it was broken? If so we need to mark this for the MarketPress developer as you should not get errors on using the default theme. Could be your install though nothing at all to do with MarketPress.

I am a bit puzzled why you are using that widget when it's already built in category management in MarketPress. Can you maybe tell me who suggested that so I can catch up. We may be wandering into MarketPress / set up territory outside of the theme though here and I'm really going to have to pass that onto someone else if we are to ensure you get the best support.

• ozbod

Hi Tammie,

regarding 2010, it just broke, as I asi the only product that worked was the bloodstone and as it happens there was only one product in that category, so could't check pagination with that.

But yes there is a definite problem with 2010 when reverting back from Gridmarket as I explained above.

I used the Product Category widget so that I could have links to each category page from the sidebar, no one suggested I used it, I just used it because it was there and available.

Reading through this it's sorted or is that not the case if you do the next / previous as a divisible by 4?

Not really sure I understand the above quote as I have set my pagination to 4 and even tried 8, see the attached, or should I be setting this somewhere else as well.

Looking forward to your reply

Cheers

Dave

• ozbod

Hi Tammie,

regarding 2010, it just broke, as I asi the only product that worked was the bloodstone and as it happens there was only one product in that category, so could't check pagination with that.

But yes there is a definite problem with 2010 when reverting back from Gridmarket as I explained above.

I used the Product Category widget so that I could have links to each category page from the sidebar, no one suggested I used it, I just used it because it was there and available.

Not really sure I understand the above quote as I have set my pagination to 4 and even tried 8, see the attached, or should I be setting this somewhere else as well.

Looking forward to your reply

Cheers

Dave

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

If you are saying with Twenty Ten your site errors there is something wrong with your set up potentially. The theme doesn't modify anything therefore won't cause from what I can work out what you say. I will mark this for attention of the MarketPress developer.

• ozbod

Hi,

just remembered something, do you recall we recently had a discussion about modifying the sidebar.php so I could have a featured product in the sidebar, well I wondered if this could be the cause of 2010 problem, so put the original sidebar.php back up, but the problem is still there.

I have just checked, there are no widget active in 2010 right now, if you take a quick look at this page:
    http://www.roughrocks.co.uk/roughrockshop/store then scroll down to the "Browse by Category" section, you will see that the Bloodstone link works fine, but try those below it, they all error.

Will leave this up for you to see, please let me know your thoughts

Cheers

Dave

• ozbod

Hi,

interesting eh! So will I be contacted by someone at your end in the near future? Or alternatively I could just delete the whole thing and start again and see what happens, in fact when I get a mo I will start again on a different domain to see if we can replicate these problems.

But yes it would be good if one fo your guys could have a looksee.

I will wait to hear from you.

Cheers

Dave

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.