Paging problem with easy blogging

We have tried installing easy blogging plugin and it was working however we noticed that when we click the older post button to show the older posts in the blog (using twenty eleven theme), we noticed that it shows the Page not found with the “This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?” Then I try to deactive the easy mode and I can see my previous posts. We have multisite enabled and I tried testing in other blogs in the network and it does the same thing. Is there some post modification we need to do to make the paging work?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi John,

You’re referring to the pagination link “Older posts” in the front-end of the site, correct? Very strange it would yield that error message with Easy Blogging activated.

I can’t seem to replicate the issue over here, so it’s possible there’s a plugin conflict occurring there. Could you take a look into that, perhaps deactivate other plugins for a moment to see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

David

• John
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

i posted something but i think it didn’t show… anyway.. the problem is that when i click on older post, the site would go to /site1/site1/page/2/…

when i try to modify the url to /site1/page/2/.. it went to the right page…

then i click on site1 home page and click on older post again… this time, it wasn’t redirecting to /site1/site1/page/2/ but to the right url already which is /site1/page/2/…

i tried closing the browser and the same thing happened and i need to run the steps I did above to make it work the first time… is there some code change needed here so we don’t need to hit /page/2/ the first to make the paging works for that current session?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi John,

I suspect the issue has to do with using IIS, though I’ll tag the developer on this to see if he might have some ideas.

Just to verify though, with Easy Blogging deactivated, there’s no issue with your site’s pagination on the front-end, correct?

Thanks,

David

• John
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

just to add also.. i had a problem with avatars when we migrated to IIS (we were using the ec2 servers from amazon with prebuilt wordpress configuration and it was working there).. what i did was to modify the avatars plugin to show the images to the right path(the URL that the images that were being pointed at didn’t show the image–so i had to modify the avatar plugin to point to the /upload/avatars to show the images).. we didn’t do it in the default ec2 servers from amazon. So i’m thinking it might be a rewrite rules that we have to modify in web.config or maybe a configuration is needed in IIS as the issue is like the URL again here with easy blogging (but the weird part is it only happens once and once you hit the /page/2/, the paging works from there.

• John
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Any suggestions on this?

Here’s what my web.config looks like for the rewrite rules

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<rewrite>

<rules>

<rule name=”WordPress Rule 1″ stopProcessing=”true”>

<match url=”^index.php$” ignoreCase=”false” />

<action type=”None” />

</rule>

<rule name=”WordPress Rule 2″ stopProcessing=”true”>

<match url=”^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?files/(.+)” ignoreCase=”false” />

<action type=”Rewrite” url=”wp-includes/ms-files.php?file={R:2}” appendQueryString=”false” />

</rule>

<rule name=”WordPress Rule 3″ stopProcessing=”true”>

<match url=”^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$” ignoreCase=”false” />

<action type=”Redirect” url=”{R:1}wp-admin/” redirectType=”Permanent” />

</rule>

<rule name=”WordPress Rule 4″ stopProcessing=”true”>

<match url=”^” ignoreCase=”false” />

<conditions logicalGrouping=”MatchAny”>

<add input=”{REQUEST_FILENAME}” matchType=”IsFile” ignoreCase=”false” />

<add input=”{REQUEST_FILENAME}” matchType=”IsDirectory” ignoreCase=”false” />

</conditions>

<action type=”None” />

</rule>

<rule name=”WordPress Rule 5″ stopProcessing=”true”>

<match url=”^[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/(wp-(content|admin|includes).*)” ignoreCase=”false” />

<action type=”Rewrite” url=”{R:1}” />

</rule>

<rule name=”WordPress Rule 6″ stopProcessing=”true”>

<match url=”^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*.php)$” ignoreCase=”false” />

<action type=”Rewrite” url=”{R:2}” />

</rule>

<rule name=”WordPress Rule 7″ stopProcessing=”true”>

<match url=”.” ignoreCase=”false” />

<action type=”Rewrite” url=”index.php” />

</rule>

</rules>

</rewrite>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi John,

I’m afraid I just wouldn’t know on that one as I’ve not used IIS myself as yet. Given your prior response it does sound like a purely IIS related issue and unfortunately, IIS is just not recommended for Multisite as mentioned in that thread riyaku linked to.

I’ve pinged the developer in case he might know something though.

-David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

p.s. I’ve also tagged Vlad here in case you do reopen this, as they’ll definitely be able to help you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.