Paid Courses "Price = Membership" on Coursepress

I have installed a Coursepress Pro and Membership 2 to create a lynda.com type of website. I want to provide two type of courses.

1.) Free Courses - anyone registered can take advantage of these. They can also see all other courses but would need to subscribe to a paying membership

2.) Membership Courses - Only those that subscribe to a paid membership can have access to these courses.

I have set up memberships and courses but i have 3 problems.

1.) All courses display Free. I want those that are truly free to show Free and those that a membership bases to display Membership in the Price Tittle.

2.) How do I assign courses that are free to the free the membership and those premium courses that belong to the paid membership. I have trying and looked at various blog post but no luck yet.

3.) If I put on coursepress that the a specif course is a "Paid Course" it will force me to put a Price on the course and then people can buy that course individually. This is not want I want. I want a complete subscription based course website with 2 memberships only. A free membership and a paid membership. That's it.

Can anyone help me?

• Nithin

Hi Miguel,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

All courses display Free. I want those that are truly free to show Free and those that a membership bases to display Membership in the Price Tittle.

What Membership 2 Pro plugin does is to protect your course access with the use of Custom Post Type or URL protection. The courses are displayed free because you have set it as a free course rather than a paid one, what you can do is to restrict these courses to paid or free memberships. Other than that I'm afraid there isn't any other integration available with Membership plugin.

How do I assign courses that are free to the free the membership and those premium courses that belong to the paid membership. I have trying and looked at various blog post but no luck yet.

Once you have created your free courses, and free and paid membership are configured. You'll have to enable the the 'Individual Custom Posts' Addon, under Membership 2 > Addons

Then in Membership 2 > Protection Rules > Custom Post Type Items, and you'll have to modify access to your required membership that has post type "course", "unit", "module", "module_respone". You'll have to make sure that the courses and it's units have a unique name, so that they are easy to modify.

If I put on coursepress that the a specif course is a "Paid Course" it will force me to put a Price on the course and then people can buy that course individually. This is not want I want. I want a complete subscription based course website with 2 memberships only. A free membership and a paid membership.

This can be achieved as described above, please let us know if you find any difficulties in setting things up as mentioned above.

I hope this helps. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.