Paid Multisite single level, $X startup cost with Y months free and $Z/mo after

I'm planning to use a bunch of WPMUdev plugins to get my paid Multisite network up and running. The business model that I'm looking to create looks like this:

"Pay $X.xx up front, get 6 months free. After that, $Z.zz per month".

The Pro Sites plugin is obviously useful and the WHMCS Multisite provisioning is very interesting as well.
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning/

I'm currently under the impression that I'll need to write my own custom extension for the ProSites plugin to get the functionality I want but I wanted to double-check that it's not already possible with me missing it before I start coding that. (Additional note: rather than membership levels, I want a simple single cost for all users that's the same with all users having the same access to features).

• aecnu

Greetings brianfeister,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'm currently under the impression that I'll need to write my own custom extension for the ProSites plugin to get the functionality I want but I wanted to double-check that it's not already possible with me missing it before I start coding that.

Yes to accomplish this within Pro Sites you will indeed need to custom code this functionality within - it is not available out of the box unfortunately.

It does offer a trial -> but it is a completely free trial so that does not help us for this mission.

Please let me know if you do not want to custom code this in and I can provide you with some alternatives if you do not want to deal with it yourself.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings brianfeister,

The alternatives are two things that I can think of are hiring someone to code this for you like a developer from the wpmu jobs board to the suggestion of taking an already existing gateway, copying it and then modifying it to create a subscription on the PayPal side with the trial of six months and then the regular monthly recurring.

That is about it for alternatives that I can think of staying within the framework you had originally posted.

You could also get the Membership plugin involved which has a way with Pro Sites to allow site creation and this already has the ability to use the pay plan that you have in mind.

That about covers everything I can think of to make this happen in the manner you desire.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.