Paid .... Now what ????

Hi WPMU - so I've been a free member for a long time, and after getting good email support this week I decided to take the plunge and pay for an annual subscription.

So - I've paid my money ...... now what ??
I thought the API key provided to me by WPMU was something that I would be able to plug in to my client sites, then when I was on the client instance of WP, I would be able to download and install the plugins provided by WPMU, and all the updates would be pushed out to their site as well.

So ....... I'm not sure what to do now.
The plugin that initially interested me was the Fundraising plugin. But - I did not have to pay for that under GNU did I ? So - if I didn't have to pay for the plugins provided to me by WPMU, why did I pay the fee ?

Please enlighten me!!!

It's freakin weird too - I've been a web dev for 15 years, so it's not like I'm a noob.

THANKS (for what I'm not sure) lol

dave

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @davidinottawa

Welcome to the forums! And thanks for taking the plunge :slight_smile:

I thought the API key provided to me by WPMU was something that I would be able to plug in to my client sites, then when I was on the client instance of WP, I would be able to download and install the plugins provided by WPMU, and all the updates would be pushed out to their site as well.

As an Elite member, you can install the dashboard plugin on up to 100 domains. You'll see all those domains listed here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=wdpun
    While you're there, check out the details about the Support Videos API and the Anti-Splog API. Also see section 3 of our TOS: https://premium.wpmudev.org/terms-of-service/

But - I did not have to pay for that under GNU did I ? So - if I didn't have to pay for the plugins provided to me by WPMU, why did I pay the fee ?

All our products are licensed under the GPL2.0 which allows fees to be levied for downloads & support. But, once you have the thing, you can do pretty much whatever you want with it :slight_smile: See the preamble of the GPL2.0 license for more: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

The cost of membership at WPMU DEV gets you so much more that just the software too. I mean our support is freakin' awesome (I was a member here before joining the staff, as were many of our current support staff). Plus you get access to one of the most knowledgeable communities of developers and designers in existence, by that I mean other members, not just staff.

Stick around for a while, you'll soon be hooked too!

• johnnymestizo
    • HummingBird

Have you installed WPMUDEV Notifications plugin?

That is the plugin where you enter the API key, it checks notifies you of updates and allows you to automatically upgrade. You need to be actually logged in to your client site's backend to do it though... but it makes it pretty easy.

I'm not sure what plugins are available for Free (been a member since 2010), all I know is some are restricted to 'Lite' versions with limited features.

The forums are a great support feature of WPMUDEV so I'm happy to pay.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Johnny

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.