Paid Support Ticket System

Hi all,
I need to build something and I'm here looking for advice.

Basically is a Ticket System where users have to pay to get support.

This can be done spending money for each ticket, or via a credit system (like cubepoints, or your Plugin "Upgrades") where users buy packages of credits and ther they make purchases using points.

In the beginning all tickets will cost the same, but in the future maybe tickets will have a different cost depending on a "category".
ex: if you need support on X it will cost 10, if you need support for Y it will cost 7.

I've looked a lot of Ticket Systems available online, both wordpress plugins than standalone solutions. But no one seems to feet my needs.
This because in all ticket systems you can open a ticket and WHILE writing it you choose the "category".
Instead I would make this choice before accessing to post screen, because it may have a different cost from another category.

Another important thing is that tickets must stay private: just administrators, authors and assigned moderators should be able to see it.

I need also both moderator and user able to attach files in a post.

Is there anyone that have ever managed something like this?
I would appreciate any kind of suggestion.

PS: I can even post this as a job request, if there's someone interested. (is there a place to post jobs?)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bluantinoo,

You are quite correct that this is quite the job you have outlined here.

The only thing i can come up with to possibly meet the specs of what you outlined is our Membership plugin because it has the ability to be configured to protect certain categories to certain levels.

PS: I can even post this as a job request, if there's someone interested. (is there a place to post jobs?)

You could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Cheers, Joe

• bluantinoo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Guys, I didn't expect this attention on such a task!

Anyway, I must admit that I've did not develop one definitive solution, but just something good for the client I was working on.

I ended up using 3 plugins:

1) as "core" module for the ticket system I choosed WATS: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wats/

but I had to hack it in some key features like the ticket listings (i made one on my own) and the single ticket template, where I use comments to make users continue the thread.

2) for managing uploads in ticket single file (in comments actually) I used a "banned" plugin called Easy Comments Upload.
    I did not find it easily because it was proven to be not safe, but as I'm using it in a very private website area I decided to riks. If you want to use it do it ad your own risk, you can download it here: http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/easy-comment-uploads/

3) finally, as the WATS plugin did not offer some key functionality I used Gravity Forms and some addons of GF to:
    a) insert a ticket paying with paypal
    b) create user account
    c) create the custom post type post "ticket" that will be managed by WATS

I hope this hints will help anyone with this needs. But let me tell you once more: this is not a solution, just a cheap workaround.

a better ticket system plugin for wordpress has still to come :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bluantinoo,

Thank you for chiming in and letting us know what you had going on there regarding this topic and also for taking the time to post the solution you did come up with for other members to benefit which is certainly appreciated.

Thank you both for being WPMU DEV Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.