Panel Question:

I just recently moved hosting providers and I am running into more errors than I have ever had. After doing some reading I have 2 questions.

Questions 1
Does it matter if I have Plesk or CPanel for a multisite with subdirectories? I currently have plesk but can switch, if necessary or if it would help.

Questions 2
Also the 2 errors I can't sort out are
Error 1
Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: [path name changes to all sorts of files]
Error 2
[Sat Nov 26 04:13:16 2011] [error] [client 123.123.123.123] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Any insights?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi John,

I've not heard of any difference between Multisite use on Plesk versus CPanel except in the interface used to maintain it all. I'll run this and your other inquiry (which I'm really not sure of) by some of the server brainiacs over here to be sure though.

To help get started though, have you changed your LogLevel to debug then checked your error logs to get more detail on the issue?

-David

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

It doesn't matter whether you use Plesk or CPaenl as that's just a tool to administer the server.

As for follow FollowSymLinks I'm pretty sure that should be on, which you can add to your .htaccess

Take a look at your access log and find out what's causing those redirects - there's obviously a problem somewhere that needs fixing.

Cheers,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.