Paralell Payments on a single store

I just purchased MarketPress and all seems to be working well so far.

I have a single store setup, with a Gravity Forms form that allows people to submit a new item to the store for approval. I was wondering if there is a way to setup chained payments on the single store, so that I as the site owner can take a $1 fee from each product sold.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Kruzen
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Adam,

You can setup chained payments with a single store. The site would have a paypal ID and then the 'primary blog' of the super user account would be able to specify a different paypal ID for operating it's merchant store.

I'm not sure what the advantage of this would be, however. Unless you were setting the site up for a client and wanted to be paid for each product they sell using your platform.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

I don't believe it is possible to use chained payments on a single site MarketPress I'm afraid.

MarketPress distinguishes between blogs and not users so a single install wouldn't work. You could switch to a multisite and use the global cart functionality though.

That way, everything would still go through the one checkout but you'd be able to take the commission with chained payments.

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.