Parameter in the widget Product List

Hi,
If I limit the product to be shown to e.g. 10. The same 10 products will be in the list all the time.
Is it possible to scroll in this product list widget?
How can the next 10 products be shown?
(I know I can set a parameter to random, but thats not what I'm looking for).

Thanks,

Regards,
Ingvar

• Alexander

Hello @ingvar,

I'm sorry, there isn't a way to have the list scroll. If you need particular items shown, the best things would be to use a category or tag, then filter by it. Or add multiple widgets in your sidebar with different sorting and filtering options.

It's possible to have the widget retrieve the next 10 items, but this would involve changing the code of the widget. Let me know if you're interested in this, and I can elaborate further. Basically we'd be setting the query to paginate.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• Alexander

Hi again @ingvar,

We don't undertake custom development work ourselves. However, we do have a great number of members that have a lot of experience in that area, and we strongly recommend you check out their profiles on WPMU Jobs

Now, as for the modification I mentioned earlier. This does require some PHP / Wordpress development knowledge. I can't actually code this modification for you as it's much more in depth than a quick fix.

In marketpress.php head over to line 7105, this is where the pagination is setup for that widget. You'll need to change the value of "&paged=1" to have the Wordpress query treat it accordingly. You'll also need add that value as a field on the widget form.

This modification, as well as the scrolling one should be no problem for any of the developers at WPMU Jobs to handle.

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.