Pardon my ignorance, but having downloaded the WPMU DEV

Hi, Pardon my ignorance, but having downloaded the WPMU DEV Dashboard zip file, I am looking for the 'Usage Instructions' I've been told (by your Beginners' Guide) to consult before uploading the unzipped files to my new WP installation.

Am I missing something or have the Usage Instructions been inadvertantly left out of the package?

Cheers, Gus

• Gus
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for responding, Luis.

Yes, I did find my way to the Usage side of the page eventually. I have uploaded the unzipped folder to the plugins folder of my wp installation, but it is still not showing up on the installation's plugin menu and does not show up when I search 'wpmudev-updates' for it.

I am puzzled by the name of the file. Why doesn't it include the word dashboard in it?

Any further assistance you can give me would be appreciated.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Gus,

I hope had been good today!

Something is wrong in the process. Try this procedure:

1) Download the WPMU DEV Dashboard .zip file:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

2) Go to Plugins -> Add new and in the top click in the Upload Plugin.

3) Select the .zip folder you downloaded, install and activate WPMU DEV Dashboard.

If you still have issues, please send your FTP access, so we can help you better.

Please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference

Cheers, Luís

• Gus
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for getting back to me, Luis. This instance of WP (version 4.3.1) I'm working with doesn't have an 'Add New' link under Plugins - not positioned in the Dashboard menu where it used to be on earlier versions and I can't find it anywhere else on the Plugins page.

I assumed that it had been removed in version 4.3.1 for some reason, but perhaps my install of WP was faulty. Perhaps I should address this first before trying the ftp option (which I suspect I have done correctly already).

Should I remove the WP installation and start again? I am using Softaculous provided by my webhost. (When installing, I ticked yes to the multisites option - would that have any effect on this?)

Cheers, Gus

• Gus
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Wait!

I thought about what I said at the last there about Multisite and it occurred to me that maybe I wasn't logged in at the highest admin level. So then I found the 'Network Admin' link and hey presto - the 'Add New' under Plugins magically appeared.

I now have Dashboard up and running. Thanks for your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.