Parse error: syntax error, unexpected

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home4/gtwall1/public_html/inconstruction.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/modules/JobsExperts/Core/Backend.php on line 133

I get this error message when downloading and installing. I have tried on three different domains. The plugin is installed but won't activate.

Error occurs on the download page and again when trying to activate.

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hey Graham,

Hope you are well and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

I saw you ganted us support access so I jumped right in, and I have to say this is very odd.
    I have this same plugin installed on 3 sites without any problems and haven't seen this, neither someone from the team.

But no need to worry we will help you getting that fixed.

Can you please check what is your PHP version and let us know?
    If your hosting uses CPanel you can check this guide on how to do this.

Many thanks,
    Ivan

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Graham Wallbank, I hope you're well today!

That's a very weird issue... the syntax IS valid and we had no other users reporting anything remotely similar so this is somehow limited to your installation and probably has something to do with your server's configuration.

Please try the following:
    1. Download the plugin zip file from https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/jobs-and-experts/ by clicking on the "No thanks, just download directly" link.
    2. Extract the zip file, and open in a text editor this file: modules/JobsExperts/Core/Backend.php
    3. Edit line 133 and change it from
    return get_permalink($page_module->page($page_module::JOB_ADD));
    to this:
    return get_permalink($page_module->page('job_add'));
    4. Upload the plugin to your server via FTP and try activating it.

Let me know if that works for you!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.