Partial content - subscribe to reveal full content

On the site VideoBiker, one of my primary objectives is to gain subscribers. Membership 2 is covering x4 memberships & alongside there is around 300 pages of premium content that I would like to make available to free subscribers i.e. email subscription = free content. Do you have any plugins that help me achieve this please?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Jez,

Hope you're doing well today

Membership 2 can protect entire pages but it also has shortcodes that would allow you to protect just a part of the content.
    For example, you could do something like this:

This content will be available to everyone.
    [ms-protect-content id="XX"]
    This content will be available only for user subscribed to membership XX
    [/ms-protect-content]

Is that what you're looking for?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jez

Hi Predag - thanks for your reply. After I sent the ticket, I did think about this functionality within Membership 2 & I could probably make that work - perhaps in combination with Hussle. My objective with this is site subscribers, also added to a mailing list and I'm looking for the best way of doing this, such that they complete one form that (1) Opens their WordPress (site) login &, (2) Adds them to a mail list. Do you have any recommendations?

I then want to have as many 'carrot's as possible to encourage site visitors to 'join' the site as a 'free' subscriber. One such 'carrot' is premium site content that requires users to be logged-in to view.

If I use the short-codes, can Google still index the page content (that would be useful) and can I use Hussle alongside these short-codes. My goal here is a page, that a user first lands on and is visible and when they then scroll, the content is 'obscured' and a subscribe option offered. Does that make sense. I've seen some paid plugins that seem to offer this, but I don't really want any more Plugin clutter outside of what I have & WPMUDEV in case of conflicts.

Any further thoughts greatly appreciated.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jez!

Membershp 2 Pro includes "MailChimp Integration" so if you would use MailChimp it would be able to automatically add it to the mailing list

As for indexing the content. If it's protected, it's available only to the members of the membership that's protecting it. But if you use shortcodes to hide only parts of it, those posts/pages should actually be indexed because they won't redirect to "protection page" and some content will still be available.

Best regards,
    Adam