Particular Sign up and Enrolment Setup

Hello, I’m developing a that aims to produce resources for existing book clubs. There will be products available which are mainly digital content to access and/or download: lesson plans. Handouts online videos etc.
Typically, the book club lead/teacher will purchase access to a particular resource with say for example licenses for 5 students. The teacher will then have the permissions to sign up the students to the resource. Children will not be directly signing up and paying for access themselves.
I’ve looked at coursepress, marketpress, membership 2 pro and add new users and tried to figure out a method to achieve this particular method of signing up and accessing the site.
Just can’t figure it out so hoping one of you experts can help me solve what plugins to use to step such a configuration. I purchased the annual membership plan on Black Friday to get the offer and was just hoping that with the little I read and the great range of plugins you have that it would be achievable but I think I’m just missing some key knowledge on how to piece it all together; if you can set me off in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!
Many thanks for your time and help.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Farid Haibatan,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Let me just check first if I understand the setup correctly.
    You have one user group that need to pay and have access to creating courses.
    And one user group that will be assigned to those courses by paid members.
    Is that correct?

I believe for that setup you will be best with using CoursePress and Membership 2.

You can now create two memberships in M2, one paid and one free membership.

In M2 add-ons you will see capabilities add-on which will allow you to assign certain capabilities to your paid membership that will allow them to create courses.

Is this something that would work for you?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• payges

'You have one user group that need to pay and have access to creating courses.
    And one user group that will be assigned to those courses by paid members.
    Is that correct?' Very well expressed :slight_smile:
    Sounds great, a further question:
    When a the paid member does sign up choosing 5 licenses for example, is there the possibility only allow him/her to sign up to a max of 5 users? Just in case you say no :slight_frown: ...any ideas for some kind of workaround?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @payges!

When a the paid member does sign up choosing 5 licenses for example, is there the possibility only allow him/her to sign up to a max of 5 users? Just in case you say no :slight_frown: ...any ideas for some kind of workaround?

Currently this is not possible with CoursePress or Membership 2 Pro plugin, however I can think of a workaround. There's a feature built-in into our CoursePress plugin letting you limit the capacity of a course, meaning that you can set a course to accept e.g up to 5 students in a class.

Now, as your paid users will be given capability of creating courses they'll most likely be market as instructors as well, therefore will be able to duplicate courses. That said, let's say there's a "My Course" course with capacity of 5 students: in order to accept another 5 students an instructor could simply use "duplicate" feature to create a carbon copy of that course and be able let another 5 students enroll.

I realize this may sound a bit complicated so please let me know if you needed further assistance with this or had any questions.

also if i don't use marketpress is it still possible to set up various prices for 1 product? e.g
    up to 5 users; up to 10 users etc

You could differentiate prices only with MarketPress and there are two ways to do this: one is to use Membership 2 integrated feature that allows you to set different prices for members of various memberships and the other one is to use "product variations". Currently, there's no way to differentiate prices for courses other way.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.