Passing fields through to Email Responses

I would like to pass through all of the fields entered during registration to the email response. I've tried using %email%, %user-email%, %description% and %user-description%. They don't work. Can you tell me how to pass through the email and bio (description)? Or is it even possible?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello ncdesignz , I hope you are doing well today!

If I understood you correctly, you wish to edit the Signup - User account created Template from Membership 2 > Settings > Automated Email Responses, right?

In this case, there is "Insert Membership Variables" button on the Text editor bar, please see the screenshot

Inside, you will find the required variables that user inserts upon registration:
    - First/Last Name
    - Username/ Password

I am afraid there is no variable for user's email and description. Instead, you can try the User account URL variable, which is:
    %ms-account-page-url%
    All the information that user will insert during their registration will be visible on their account.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• ncdesignz
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

No this does not work, because it turns it into a link to their account page, and doesn't record what they typed in there.

I need it to pass through their "Department", so that when the admin gets the email, he can determine right away without searching for the user whether they should be approved.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello ncdesignz,

Hope you are doing good today!

I am afraid that is not possible at the moment. You can only select the variables listed in dropdown while composing the Signup message.

If you want to add more dynamic information then it needs custom coding that is, unfortunately, beyond the level of support we can provide here. Sorry! However, you can hire a developer from jobs board to further customize Membership 2 plugin according to your requirements.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.