password protect a page when membership 2 is already installed

hi i have membership 2 setup on a site and we are currently in the process of shutting down the option to purchase tickets for an event. we have 2 levels of guests and each of them only get to see certain ticket types

what we need to be able to do is retain the features of membership 2 which are currently active and still be able to sell tickets as this will let the system admins still be able to accept payment, but only from people who have a password to access the page which is driven by woocommerce

we have simply setup the 2 levels of user and each of them gets an option A set of products for user level 1, and the same applies to user level 2 which we are hiding on the shop page dependent on the users membership level

i have tried the option to password protect the page direct from within WP itself, but the rules for membership 2 are still applicable and the page is visible to the user on that level - which is what I want, but before they get to that stage and be able to view the content i need them to enter a password for the page

is this possible as it looks like membership 2 is overriding the password i am entering on the page using the default WP setting

thanks in advance

R

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Rob,

I just tested such setup on my installation and when I visited page protected with both M2 and WP password protect I was unable to see the content until I entered password.
    Have you tried updating M2 to latest version since I see you are still on 1.0.1.1?

Also, as a possible workaround you could try using our Password Protect plugin and wrapp desired content with it
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/password-protect-selected-content/
    I have tested this as well with M2 and it also worked as it should.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rob

Hi Predrag

thanks for the update - i had already tried the password protect plugin you mentioned above and it works a treat, but doesn't hide WooCommerce products though as having done some reading they are treated differently. there seems to be a few people who have wanted to hide WC [regardless of them being in a membership or not] and it is not possible due to how it is handled... unless of course you want to spend even more money on their plugin!

we also updated M2 as well as WP itself and this resulted in a broken site so I reverted back to a backupbuddy i had made prior to this and simply restored that before I asked the question above

thanks for the advice, i will try it out on another site but in the interim i did a quick fix of duplicating the shop page itself and then changing where WooCommerce points to as its default and amended the previous pages text and added the new page to the membership level but with no links to it at all which means we can supply an absolute URL

the main shop is closed so we are only expecting a few stragglers now and rather than potentially break something again will leave it like this just now. thanks for the quick response, fantastic support as per

cheers

R

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rob,

So the standard WP password protection is only not working on Woocommerce products if I understand this correctly?

Have you tried protecting standard post/page with M2 and with password?
    Also, does the password protection work on Woo products without M2?

we also updated M2 as well as WP itself and this resulted in a broken site so I reverted back to a backupbuddy i had made prior to this and simply restored that before I asked the question above

Hmm, this shouldn't happen with the update and I don't think we had such reports so far.
    Could you open new thread with this issue and include what errors you are seeing so we can deal with this issue separately?

Thank you,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.