Password Protect not working on IE / Mobile / Safari?

I've been putting up a small site using password protect to hide a link, and I'm having issues getting it to work in IE or on my iPhone.

The site is: http://fennec1337.com
The password is: discovery

This is a WPMU site on my primary account http://hyper-wp.com

I just put this up and it could be that there's an issue at my office (although iPhone doesn't work over 3G even though it loads the page - when I type in the password and click Go, it takes a moment, reloads the page, and stil has the password field listed).

Now that I think about it, I do have QuickCache installed - however, as I mentioned earlier, I'm able to login just fine in Chrome.

I am heading home to check from a different location, but wanted to submit this question to see if I need to try something else (I've been setting this up for an event tonight and tomorrow).

Thanks!

• brandon_dennis

Ahhh, apparently I didn't think this through or test it thoroughly.

It *WAS* related to the QuickCache. If I cleared the cache, it would show the password field and no matter how much I entered it, it would keep reloading the (cached) version.

Once I cleared the cache, I saw that it had kept the cookie and enabled access. However, since I still had the QuickCache, *then* it was caching the password protected content and showing it to everyone.

My short-term solution is to disable the cache plugin, but there may be a way to exclude pages that use Password Protect. Either way, FYI - QuickCache appears to be out-of-the-box not compatible with this. The plugin itself works great! Thanks.

• Vaughan

Hi Brandon,

thanks for letting us know you resolved this.

I haven't used the quickcache plugin before so I don't know anything about it. I know W3TC offers the ability to add exceptions which stops it caching those, particularly cookies, so if you view the cookies for your site, you should see a cookie for the password protect, maybe you can add that cookie to the exceptions list if quickcache has that functionality.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.