password [user set] in welcome email

hi, sorry but i can't find what has happened since initial set up, the outgoing emails were fine but now I get Password: [user set} instead of a password.

can you help me?

thanks

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for your post.

Can you tell me what all plugins are you using ?

Can you disable all the plugins and then signup for an account and see if you see the same behavior ?

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• John Taylor
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

deactivated, same deal:

Found this here:

Url: http://aeyrand.com/register/
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_blogs_subdomain_base() in /home/aeyrand/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social/registration/register.php on line 216

Next correction

I really do not want to have to deactivate all plugins, had to do that with last issue and had to redo many settings all again, also had to make a new page register for the buddy press plug in as that did not reapear when reactivated. Maybe here is teh issues?

have these plugins NETWORK activated:

pay with a like
    Affiliate
    Asirra (AVH F.D.A.S Component)
    AVH First Defense Against Spam - WPMU DEV Version
    Easy Blogging
    Google Analytics
    Infinite SEO
    Pro Sites (Formerly Supporter)
    ReCAPTCHA (AVH F.D.A.S Component)
    Select Language At Signup
    Signup TOS
    Spam Filter (AVH F.D.A.S Component)
    Trackback Validation (AVH F.D.A.S Component)
    Ultimate Branding
    Ultimate Facebook
    WPMU DEV Videos

• John Taylor

Hi , /i have now deactivated all plugins on both site and network, reactivated BP and still this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_blogs_subdomain_base() in /home/aeyrand/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social/registration/register.php on line 216

on this Url,http://aeyrand.com/register/

still getting password: [user set]

can you help me resolve this please? :slight_smile:

cheers

John

• John Taylor

Hi PC,

Had a message from Jack..

I have to go out to dinner with my family right now :slight_smile:

I will be back on this first thing in the morning, (Am in Netherlands)

Am still setting up so my users are testers,

If we have to start again from scratch, this is not a problem.

Thanks buddy.

John

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey JT,

Sorry for the delay here. Jack told me about this thread and here I am back on it.

It has been fixed. All it needed was to set a site tracking page in BuddyPress settings. I have done it and it works fine now. Check here :
    http://aeyrand.com/register/

still getting password: [user set]

Its simple that the user is choosing the password while creating an account. So it's the default process that it won't send them the password in email and show [userset] there.

Does that help ?

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• John Taylor

Hey PC

Thanks, "it's simple" :slight_smile:

Will check it out later or in the morning.
    The thing was that when I first installed, there were no fields for the new sign up to make their own password and one was generated and arrived by email

Is this to do with multi site?

I liked it better when it auto generated but I really appreciate you guys

Thanks got now, time for Chicken Jalfrezi

Peace

JT

• John Taylor

ok, update:

ok PC, cool, However

that nasty top menu bar? I need to return the page set up to how it was,

It had the sign up page with our message first, then came another page when the new user entered the url they wanted and it said gimmie a site or no, i just want a user name.

then it auto generated a pass word and sent it by mail, this is how i wanted it, not like this, sorry to be a pain, I am trying to get it bak to how it was

thanks

have a good one.

will get back to it in the morning.

appreciate it.

JT

• John Taylor

Update:

This what i get now:

1. can't remove ugly black header bar, at very top of page:
    2. choose language on sign up has disappeared. this was on /wp-signup.php
    3. I want this back to original, that people go to /wp-signup.php, where it says get your account in seconds, then it goes to next page where they choose their site Url, then it sends them the password they need to use.

I do not want them to choose their own password initially and i do want them to be able to choose language

Can you put it back to how it was please? I just cant work out what you have done

How it is now is not what I want.

Thanks

JT

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey JT,

Will check it out later or in the morning.
    The thing was that when I first installed, there were no fields for the new sign up to make their own password and one was generated and arrived by email

Is this to do with multi site?

Perhaps you installed just WordPress and not BuddyPress.

I liked it better when it auto generated but I really appreciate you guys

Well, if we don't want to get into the core, then the best ways to stop spam are here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/buddypress-spam/

The only reason where one would not want to allow the users to choose a passwords while registration is spam, but using the above, you can stop that spam.

that nasty top menu bar? I need to return the page set up to how it was,

So you want to hide the toolbar ?

It had the sign up page with our message first, then came another page when the new user entered the url they wanted and it said gimmie a site or no, i just want a user name.

I just wanna confirm if you were using BuddyPress when it was like that ? I am sure you were not.

1. can't remove ugly black header bar, at very top of page:

Here are the tips to remove it :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-hide-admin-bar-toolbar/

2. choose language on sign up has disappeared. this was on /wp-signup.php

Unfortunately its not compatible with BuddyPress, that is why you don't see it.

You could use something like : http://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-multilingual/ with WPML if you want to run BuddyPress and allow users to create multi lingual sites.

3. I want this back to original, that people go to /wp-signup.php, where it says get your account in seconds, then it goes to next page where they choose their site Url, then it sends them the password they need to use.

While I can not visualize how your original site was but can you kindly disable BuddyPress and see if you get it back to what it was ?

Can you put it back to how it was please? I just cant work out what you have done

I haven't done anything apart from creating a site tracking page to solve the error you posted in one of your above posts. BuddyPress handles registrations differently as compared to WordPress.

Cheers, PC

• John Taylor

Hey PC, thanks a lot, that has made things very clear:

1. I did actually include screen shots here above this post.

2. I will install BuddyPress on a new WP install on a subdomain later and link to it.
    i.e. mysite.com/groups for example, this would take away these issues and I can
    separate the two systems, what do you think?

3. Use communities in my WPMU site instead of BuddyPress, what do you think?

I will be more careful to check compatibility, will let you know how I get on.

you are very helpful indeed, many thanks.

JT

• John Taylor

Hi PC

It was all going well until this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/aeyrand/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 27

I googled it and looked through what i could

1. have removed Buddy Press

2. looked into the file but can;t see a problem.

3. can no longer log in to site

4. I can get into files of course on the server, I activated only plugins that should work with the site.

5. I did move php. files for anti splog and site maps but this was not the issue, this happened after i tried to update Q& A, before that, I had just noticed the user sites were not logging in correctly, blank site, but if I clicked back to main Url, all was well.

I am a ta loss as to find what this is, can you help me again please?

thanks

JT

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey JT,

Thanks for posting back.

I am gonna need sometime to find out what is going on there. Perhaps while making the changes, something broke.

I have got your login details so I will have a look and get back to you once I have tested it.

I am a bit slow over the weekend but I will try to be as quick as possible on this.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.