Password when unzipping theme?

When I try to unzip the updated Scholar Theme, I am asked for a password. What's up with that? :slight_smile:

• JenORoss
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Tammie- I am using just the regular Windows Extraction Wizard. I right click on the zip file, and select "extract all" I've downloaded this file in the past (about a week ago) and had no problem and no need for a password. I tried again today (after re-starting my computer) and again it asked me for a password stating that the files are password protected. Specifically for files prop-base, text-base, .svn, all-wcprops, entries, blue_header_background, blue_navigation_background, props, tmp. These are just a few that I listed as I kept pressing the "skip" button.

This has never happened to me in the past using the windows extraction method. Last week I downloaded several WPMUDEV themes (including this one) with no problem.

Please help.

• JenORoss
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Well, I tried it again just now and still have the same problem with Windows, so I tried it with another unzipper, (7-zip) and it did unzip, but when I tried to move the theme folder over to my site with Filezilla as usual, there were 201 files that failed to transfer.

Here's an example of one of the error messages I got for just one file in particular, but there were 201 failed error messages probably one for each of the "password protected" files. I don't get it.

Failed to open "**edited** \buddypress-scholar-theme-3.2\wpmu-scholar-3.2\themes\bp-scholar\_inc\styles\images\.svn\text-base\default.png.svn-base" for reading
    Error: File transfer failed

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@Ulrich: They have not been forgotten they shouldn't be in theme ... wandering if something going on with packaging after I put files on server so I have flagged this for looking at by Aaron. You are right they shouldn't cause issues but I'm ponderous why the are flagging at all as errors so need to get another opinion on this.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Hmmm I'm not getting that with the theme version I have without file changes. How about you try the attached blogs-loop.php file or redownload (I downloaded and uploaded as a test) just so we can be sure we're on the same page. Failing that what other plugins have you got added? The file should go under blogs/

If possible can we also start new threads for new topics as helps us supporting you as may be something different.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Hmmm I'm not getting that with the theme version I have without file changes. How about you try the attached blogs-loop.php file or redownload (I downloaded and uploaded as a test) just so we can be sure we're on the same page. Failing that what other plugins have you got added? The file should go under blogs/

If possible can we also start new threads for new topics as helps us supporting you as may be something different.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.