Patreon Style Site Setup

Im want to give WPMU one more shot to see if I can design what I'm looking for off plugins. I'm looking to design a site similar to patreon. Does anyone have any examples of similar using WPMU Dev plugins? I want to have user have individual pages the can have individual memberships as well as pay per view. To keep it simple I will pay out to user that upload content instead of using chain payments. Any advice recommendation. Currently I'm built on multi site but I'm thinking that may be overkill?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi New Guy,

Hope you're doing well.

Can you tell me a bit more of the content you will be providing, will your content creators sell physical goods from your site, or they will uploading their content on your site, like videos, images, texts, that you wish to limit access based on the membership that your visitors buy?

Our Membership 2 plugin allows you to create multiple memberships and each one can protect its own selected content.
    So you could have different membership for each of your content creators that will allow people to access only certain creator's content.

Pay Per View plugin uses shortcodes to protect content that needs to be paid and it can have unique shortcode for each protected content so you can use that to sell access to desired content which you would wrap in shortcode.

Both of the plugins can be used on single site or multisite installations per subsite so using multisite does depends on your preference and the type of the content your creators will be providing.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi New Guy,

In this case it may be better going with multisite and give each seller their own site.
    If you're going to split to different access types then this will be a better option so that each seller can select their own settings, where in single site if you allow them to change this they would be able to change each other access options.

The thing is that the process you are looking for is quite specific and it's not something that could be done with our plugins without custom coding I'm afraid.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.