Pay Pal Chain Payments with marketpress shopping cart plugin

Hey guys,

I have just purchased the market press plugin, I am not a super guru at php but I know my way around, hopefully this won’t require too in depth php programming.

What I want to do is assign a custom value to each product in my store, this value is going to be my profit for selling that particular item.

When the customer goes through the checkout and pays, all of the items in the cart’s custom values are added to total my share of profits. This is then fed into paypals chain payment system so when the customer pays, my profit gets split from the main payment and gets sent to me and the rest gets sent to my supplier with the order.

Is this going to be a nightmare, is there any documentation or guides on how to do this with market press, is it even possible.

Thanks – Dale

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

dnbpriceaction

You might be relieved to know that we have already integrated PayPal Chained Payments into marketpress :slight_smile:

Visit your Network Admin Dashboard>Settings> Marketpress

you will need to turn off the Global Shopping cart, and then you will see the option for Chained Payments (PayPal does not allow a Global Cart with chained Payments)

You will need to apply for an app from x.commerce, and we've provided a link to how to do that in the Chained Payments meta box

I'll attach a photo. Please let me know if I've missed the boat here :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• dnbpriceaction
    • New Recruit

Well first, I need pay pal chain payments to work with a shopping cart,

second I don’t want to take a percentage of the total figure, I want to be able to calculate my cut off the total price by what’s in the cart. Because each item in the cart will have it’s own commission value.

• arturino
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi i have the same scenario.. but we ARE using a Global shopping cart, and selling products on 1 main site from various other sites.

So is this a limitation of market press or Paypal?

i know they have a 10 vendor limit for chained payments.. but we dont plan on breaking that barrier.

please advise.. thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dnbpriceaction and arturino,

The limits you have mentioned above are those imposed by PayPal and the two items use different API’s which in turn have different restrictions.

The global shopping cart uses PayPals parallel payments application while chained payments uses PayPals adaptive payments application.

Concerning different commissions for different products using chained payments, I do not know if it is even possible considering the PayPal side of things and since it is currently not available with Market Press as it is, at minimum this would be a feature request.

Rather then just give you the WPMU Devs lead developers answer to this type of query: That would be a core edit to the plugin along with custom coding. The support we provide here is how to use the current features of our products and bug fixing, teaching someone to code PHP is a bit beyond that scope.

Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/export-order-details#post-194890

You can now make plugin and feature requests here:

http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Alternatively, you could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you both for being WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.