Pay per user when premium

I would like to offer a freemium service where admin can decide to go premium and then a price per person is charged (no idea how yet). Similar to how services like Yammer do this (although I do not know whether companies pay up front or afterwards). Can something like this be done with prosites?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Sjoerd,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Currently Pro Sites doesn't let you limit the number of users per level so this would need to be custom coded. I search the web for a reliable solution but it seems that there's no ready to use plugin that could be implemented out of the box so I think it would be best to follow such scenarios:

- use Pro Sites to create multiple levels so as a result companies would pay upfront for a "plan" that allows them to register set number of users
    - upon each registration attempt on a given site trigger the code that would:
    a) check current Pro Sites status of the site (Pro Sites level)
    b) count the number of currently registered users on that site
    c) compare those two data and if necessary redirect visitor to some custom page saying that registration is not allowed.

This would require custom coding so you may want to post a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If you have further questions on this, let me know.

Best regards,
    Adam