pay per view capabilities

I have a site which has premium content on approximately 30 different post pages.
I want to charge a fee to view each individual post. When a customer signs up to view the post, I would like to allow them access to the content in that (1) post only for 365 days. Is that possible with the pay per view plugin? Or do I only have the ability to allow access to ALL Posts content at a time?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

It is most certainly possible with the Pay Per View plugin.

If you go to Pay Per View in your WordPress dashboard, and scroll down to the Payment Options box. Configure the "Daily Pass" section to have a certain price to grant access for however many days you choose.

I hope that answered your question.

If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know. We're happy to help!

• tanseylouis
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

HI Brian,
    Thank you for your confirmation about the use of this plugin. I now see how I can offer access to content by post only.

However, I encountered a problem when attempting to offer content access for "365" days. I am getting an error message from paypal which says..

"Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription."

I tried offering less days and the error message went away when I allowed only up to 60 days access to the content. Is there a way around this, so that I can offer my customers viewing access at one flat rate for 365 days?

Thanks

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

Daily Pass is for revealing *every* protected content on your website and it is limited to 90 days by Paypal (Not a limitation by PPV).

In your case, you should set "cookie validity time (hours)" as 365 x 24 = 8760

Cheers,
    Hakan

• tanseylouis
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,
    Because on what I have learnt from your great support, I now have to make some changes.

Based on your knowledge of the pay per view plugin, could you please suggest to me which features (e.g daily pass, subscription, one time view) I ought to be using if I want to do the following;

For a fee, offer my customers access to one protected page at a time for 30, 60 or 365 days? (In other words, there's a fee to be paid per protected page.)

I need to offer access for more than 1 day.

Also, I do not wish to offer access to *Every* protected content on my website for (1) one fee. For this feature, I will use the membership plugin.

I appreciate whatever support you can give.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

I am not sure why notification of your reply did not arrive to me, sorry for that.

Already answered above:

In your case, you should set "cookie validity time (hours)" as 365 x 24 = 8760

Maybe "One time view" definition is misleading but just beside "cookie validity time (hours)" setting there is "Validity time of the cookie which lets visitor to be exempt from the protection after he/she liked. "

This is for post basis, not for whole website.

Probably during this time you have already tested it, which is the best method.

• Jikeb
    • New Recruit

Hello Akam,
    I have the same need as tanseylouis, and your solution sounds great! However, what happen's if the user reset the validity time of the cookie par accident ? Does he going to loose the access of the protected content ?
    In other words, is it possible to use the "one time view" option for more than a day, even if the user doesn't have to login ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.