Pay Per View- clients drop out of the process after creating a login

So I installed pay per view to protect all the content here: http://polymerclayadventure.com/classroom

It’s working fine, however, once a potential client comes to the site, decides to purchase, and goes into the “create a login id” process, I’ve lost the sale.

This is because they are NOT returned to the purchase process after creating their login, so they abort.

Am I missing something? Can I get some kind of redirect so they are thanked for logging in and taken back to the purchase area?

• Kira
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

OK, where can i change the message that states “go check your email” even after I have disabled the email verification? It is confusing.

And instead of sending the user to the Registration page url redirect as I had set up, it does not do this. So the sale is still not getting captured.

• Kira

ok, it is active now. Also please help with the paypal error message:

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.

You can see that when you try to buy. It is live now, because in sandbox mode it was all “acting” like it was fine and I did not realize it was not working.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @kira,

Hope you’re well today, thanks for that.

I’ve checked this and the T3, A3, P3 parameters, are part of PayPal API’s for recurring subscription.

It seems it’s having issues as your setting 180 days which isn’t a valid parameter, that would be set in months, for example, rather than entering 31 days, you’d set 1 month.

But the plugin doesn’t allow for this setting, I’ve flagged the lead developer for his valuable input on this.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

The maximum value for days is 90. This is a PayPal restriction. One of these days I’ll add some other time periods to that filed but that’s the limit right now.

Multisite is part of your problem. When a user registers on Multisite they don’t belong to ANY site. They are just added to the global user database, but they have no role on any site, It’s expected that an Administrator will add them to the sites they are meant to belong to.

This of course sucks. There are some plugins like

http://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-user-management/

that will let you automatically assign a user to a given role on each site of the multisite. But this still breaks the chain to the page they were originally on. The simplest solution is to require them to login Before they start looking around and use the above plugin. Sorry there’s not much of a solution at this time.

• Kira

hmmm Thanks Arnold, I am using buddypress so I have to let them register an account, but I didn’t realize that the multisite would become an issue. I don’t want them to be part of anything but buddypress, so do I set them as a “subscriber” on the main domain?

I did perform a workaround to redirect them to the page I want them to see so that is actually working now.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.