Pay per View Customers reqired to have Paypal account?

It appears that until recently, visitors of my site were able to make payments without a Paypal account (but through Paypal) on the Payment page. Now it seems to require that the user either log in to a Paypal account or create one. Any idea how I might get this back to how it was before, where people could pay without creating an account?

I happen to have a screenshot of what it used to look like, which I have attached to this message.

Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Janice,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I can see the Pay Per View plugin is only accepting the payment as Express Checkout.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Pay Per View plugin and found the credit and debit card option is displaying fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Have you changed any settings on your paypal account?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• Janice
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Okay, something strange is happening here. When I tested it just now, I got a screen similar to pp2.jpg that you just posted. I had to either create a Paypal account or make one. I logged in, and then, without making a payment, left the page. When I returned (and all the subsequent times that I returned) I got a screen similar to your pp1.jpg, where the visitor is offered the option of either logging in or using a debit/credit card. Any idea what is going on here?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @janice

I hope you are well today.

Please check the first screenshot, there is a link for paying by credit or debit card. When you click on that link, the other screenshot will be appeared. I have marked the link in the attached screenshot, please check.

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.