Pay Per View Does not show up or affect post in any way

I suppose it's possible that I don't have something enabled, but I don't see how. I mean it shows up on the post page, it says enabled. I have the code entered in the post from pushing the green button.

Nothing shows up on that post.

Please advise. If you are getting this twice I am sorry. It just sat there with a spinning wheel for 5 minutes last attempt. Maybe it went thru or maybe my luck will be better this time.

here we go

• Brett
    • Flash Drive

So if I use the button, the protected content must be inside of the code. For example:

[ppw id="63965824" description="Discussion of Full Card" price="2.99"]PROTECTED IFORMATION IS HERE. TEXT, VIDEO EMBED ETC?[/ppw]

Is that correct? If so my theme has options for embedding video, so they don't actually go in the post. I don't suppose there is a way to remedy this? Maybe put a link in protected code to another page with video on it?

You can see from the screenshot attached where I put my video information. It is not in the actual post.

Thanks for your help.

• Brett
    • Flash Drive

I'm sorry. More questions. Using paypal sandbox I am not able to even try to pay for single item only. I get this error "There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again. "

When I select Access All content for one day it does take me to the checkout page. However, once I check out and return to page I still can't see the content. All I see is the same options to pay for content.

Very frustrating. Please advise.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Brett,

Thank you for your reply and sorry to hear the problem you are having.

my theme has options for embedding video, so they don't actually go in the post. I don't suppose there is a way to remedy this? Maybe put a link in protected code to another page with video on it?

Please try using the solution posted on the following reply.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pay-per-view-doesnt-hide-content#post-629318

I'm sorry. More questions. Using paypal sandbox I am not able to even try to pay for single item only. I get this error "There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again. "

Are you using the correct paypal account and api?

You can have it set to live or sandbox, but if you are using a live account you have to use the API details for that account and the same for sandbox.

Here is a guide on getting your API details:
    https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/apicertificates

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Brett
    • Flash Drive

Ok I will try that with the Youtube videos

AS to the sandbox, as I stated before Everything works fine except the redirect after payment takes you back to the site without the option to see the content. It still shows the need to pay.

Yes, the api is set up with paypal. I did that first thing

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Brett,

Could you please share me the test Pay Per View page link from your site to troubleshoot?

This may be because of theme / plugin conflict.

You can just try on your development site deactivating all other plugins and using default WordPress theme like Twenty Twelve as displayed in the flowchart on the following page to know which theme/ plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Brett,

I can now access admin area of your site.

I think you have configured the paypal sandbox correctly and i think the issue is raising because PayPal has recently changed some things on their end where they require the http protocol to be 1.1 and not 1.0

Could you please try changing the code on line number 1060 in the following Pay Per View plugin file s below?

pay-per-view/includes/paypal-express.php

Before Editing:
    $args['timeout'] = 60;

After Editing:

$args['timeout'] = 60;
    $args['httpversion'] = '1.1';

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Brett
    • Flash Drive

That fix the payment issue. I can now pay to access content, it returns to the content page and the content is visible.

However when I choose the daily, or monthly subscription options I am able to pay using paypal, but when it returns to my site the content is still protected. So how is that supposed to work. Is it manual.? I have to set up a log in for them manually when I get notified they paid? THat doesn't seem right. It should be instant. But I don't understand these things.

Please assist. Here is the new test page
    http://escapeturn.com/new-smartwatch/

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Brett,

That fix the payment issue. I can now pay to access content, it returns to the content page and the content is visible.

That's great news! Glad it's working for you now :slight_smile:

However when I choose the daily, or monthly subscription options I am able to pay using paypal, but when it returns to my site the content is still protected. So how is that supposed to work. Is it manual.?

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Pay Per View plugin and could confirm it's displaying content as protected even after paying it so I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advise for us.

I have notified the developer and he will reply on this thread.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

The subscription payments are handled by IPN messages from PayPal. The payment is made at PayPal and then PayPal sends separately back to your website a message authorizing the payment and unlocking the file.

From what I can tell PayPal never sends the return IPN message. Nothing shows in the transactions log. If I go to My sandbox account and use the IPN simulator tool there and send it to

http://escapeturn.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=ppw_paypal_ipn

which is your IPN url on your server, I get a transaction in the transaction log. So your server can receive IPN messages. Only thing left is that PayPal isn't sending them or is sending them to the wrong place.

Can you review your settings on your Sandbox and see if any og the setting sthere are pointing to a different IPN url? And look at your sandbox notifications to see if it's recording the transactions and what it's doing with it.

I've tried our sandbox credentials here against one our sites and it works fine. I then substituted your sandbox credentials and it fails. This must be some setting at PayPal causing the problem.

• Brett
    • Flash Drive

well it solved one problem but more remain. WHen you click it now you get a list of ways to log in. Facebook, twitter, google, wordpress. Clicking facebook does nothing. CLickiing twitter gives and error and clicking register with wordpress takes to registration page but no password is ever emailed. I see one of you set up an account. Did you do it using the register option?

Becoming very frustrated with this whole thing. Been nothing but problems from the beginning.

Thanks for your help please

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

You have to be logged in to use a subscription type payment. You have to have someplace to store the information on thepayment.So if you are logged out, it will first ask for a login.

I tried registering and you have your site to just create the user and not send out an email. I registered, it created the account and never required an email authentication.

Next I tried the forgot password link. It asked for my email address. I gave it but never got an email. Your wp_mail is apparently broken or disabled.

I was going to check further but you disabled the PPV plugin so I didn't want to mess while you were changing things.

• Brett
    • Flash Drive

I disabled it temporarily to see if it was the cause of the mail not working.

I also disabled all other plugins. Nothing works.
    So to recap I get an error when trying the facebook option. An error when trying the twitter option. It appears the google option does actually work. And the register option does not work

Given all of this, unless I can get a resolution to these issues this plug in is useless to me.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

On the Facebook login, the error is

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

This means the url being sent is not the same as the url the app was setup for. They have to match.

• Brett
    • Flash Drive

Ok. thanks. Well I give up. I can use the plugin to view content one time so I guess I will use it for that. However I will not continue my subscription here. It seems like you were trying to help, but its takes days and I am tired of the frustration.

Thanks for your time. Not sure if it was worth $39, but you live and learn!

Nothing personal. Just frustrated and done with it

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Arnold,

Now it's also working fine for me after setting IPN url in paypal sandbox settings.

Hi @Brett,

Sorry to hear of the frustration you are having but this is how the paypal sandbox settings and facebook / twitter applications are configured.

I think you are doing this first time so it seems odd for you but after doing this you will find it very easy to configure next time.

We would like to help you to configure it.

If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Brett
    • Flash Drive

I use paypal integrated with 2 other sites. So using that is not a problem for me.

My hosting service was the issue with the member email not going out. That has been corrected. You can now register as a user. So now that this is possible I have tried to pay for a subscription as a user, and the payment completes and brings me back to the content page. but user does not have access to the protected material.

Please advise

• Brett
    • Flash Drive

Maybe we are in different parts of the world. You seem to answer when it is in the middle of the night here. Nevertheless, The facebook, twitter and WP log in all work now. However when you pay for a subscription you are returned to the page with the content but are unable to view it.
    Please advise how to correct this please

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

I put the logging in. I tried a transaction and nothing arrived to be logged. I then used the IPN Simulator at PayPal to send a test transaction. That transaction arrived and was logged. You can see the log in the /pay-per-view/log.txt on your server.

This means the transactions though supposedly sent by PayPal are never received. Perhaps your firewall is blocking one of the sand box IP addresses. You can get a list from.

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/250/kw/end%20points/related/1

Something is physically blocking the transmissions from PayPal on sand box transactions. You might want to try a Live transaction and look at the log to see if they would make it through since it would be a different IP.

There was some talk of a similar 406 problem here

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=8a306e84e3913c985fcc70c70f098522&t=1292327&page=2

They solved the problem by changing their server IP address, which implies that PayPal may have a blacklist of IPs they won't send to. I don't know if this is an option for you.

• Brett
    • Flash Drive

I contacted paypal and my hosting provider. This is the reply from hosting
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting Support.

I enabled fopen in php.ini file in the link given below:
    http://www.powweb.com/controlpanel/cgiManagement/phpplus.html .

Could you please check the issue once again from your end. If the issue persist then please check within the PayPal dashboard. We do not block PayPal IPN.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Rachana A
    Customer Support

My reply from Paypal was that they do no block ipn ip address

So I officially give up. I do not want to waste any more time on this exercise in futility.

Thanks for your attempts to help.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Brett,

As far as we can tell, something is preventing your IPN ever reaching your server. The plugin developer put in logging to save to a file ANYTHING that came through that IPN url. He never got anything from PayPal Sandbox except when using the IPN simulator. Anything He sned by browser gets in the log. The sandbox shows it's retrying.

Have you checked your firewall settings?

Could you please try using live paypal mode and check whether it works?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.