Pay Per View functionality

Ok, so i implemented paypal "live" instead of "sandbox" to test out the functionality. Paid to access one kind of content (ie. video 1). I have 2 posts/pages. Video 1 and Video 2. When I paid to access Video 1, i can access Video 1; however, I can access Video 2 as well. Do I understand it correctly that the Pay Per View plugin will allow the viewed content based on which post/page is being paid for individually? So if I have 2 different posts/pages, I want the user to pay for access to that one post only and not the other? I just wanted help and clarification on the functionality. So the functionality for my project is this:
I have several videos on my site that I would like to allow paying members to access. I don't want members to access all the videos after one purchase; I only want members to access a video that they paid access for. So if a customer wants to pay to access video 1, only video 1 should be available to them and not videos 2,3,4,etc... This concept would apply to subscriptions as well. I understand it to be that this plugin can do just that. Or would the membership plugin do that for me?
Thanks.

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @thomasjono,

Welcome to the forums.

Am I right in saying you have one page or post that contains multiple videos that you want protected separately? If this is the case then you may need to tweak that slightly. If you are protecting the page or post, once the user has paid for post, all videos on that post will be available to them.

The plugin does contain an option to unlock ALL protected content with one purchase, but this is an option that you can disable.

• thomasjono
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi @Elliott,

Thank you for responding. I actually have 2 pages/2 posts - one video per page/post. I have tried enabling protecting a page individually, but the end result was undesirable. When I went to page 1 and paid to access the video for page 1, I could see the video for that page 1; but I also went to page 2 and i was also able to see the video for page 2 as well, and the price to see page 2 was different than page 1. What could be the cause of that? Thank you in advance.

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Can you confirm that you do not have the "Admin sees full content" set to yes. If you have, as an admin you will see all protected content while logged in.

Also, please check that you are using the "One Time View" option rather than the "Daily Pass" or "Recurring Subscription", both of which unlock all protected content.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.