Pay Per View not working on fresh install

I couldn’t get pay per view plugin to work previously, and I was assuming it was my theme or something else I had messed up. I installed a clean install of WordPress along with a fresh download of the plugin, created a test post inside of twenty-eleven default theme, tried protecting it in several ways. Have no problem protecting it, it then takes me to the Paypal checkout, and after successful payment I am still locked out of the post.

Not sure where to begin trouble shooting at this point, as everything is fresh and empty. I have it set up on a sub-domain just for testing and would be happy to provide any credentials needed for someone to look a bit deeper for me.

• oljej
    • Flash Drive

Update: I switched from sandbox environment to live environment and things got worse. When I click on the “one time view” link I get redirected to a PayPal page that says this

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don’t use your browser’s Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal’s website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

The daily pass does take me to paypal, but after multiple attempts I can’t tell if it will let me check out or not because apparently I don’t have any form of payment that is not already tied to a paypal account :slight_frown:

• oljej
    • Flash Drive

Update 3: Was finally able to get through the payment process and was redirected back to the site. The content remained locked… On the admin side it does not show any transactions, nor does it show any future ones. Payment was never collected when looking at paypal dashboard. Can somebody please help me figure this out.

• oljej
    • Flash Drive

OK, now I’ve gone back to a live environment and was able to find a payment method that wasn’t tied to any other paypal accounts. Most of the problems were only inside the sandbox apparently. However this is what I am experiencing now.

1.) “One Time View” option worked all the way through (however it made me click the “verify” link twice.

2.) The “Daily Pass” option took me to paypal (a subscription page though) accepted my payment, redirected me back to my site, but the payment buttons were still there. In this case the payment completed, it shows up in my transactions, and in my IPN history as completed.

I did not test the subscription model as that isn’t anything I’m interested in.

• oljej
    • Flash Drive

BTW upon a refresh after being redirected back from the daily pass checkout the content is available. Something is being processed at the wrong time I’m guessing (due to having to click the verify button twice – and having to refresh after the purchase)?

I am hopeful now, that we are going to get there eventually, but please help me get this last step.

Everything here is a default set-up – no other plugins or themes, so I can’t believe I’m the only person with these issues.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings oljej,

Thank you for your additional input which is greatly appreciated.

Concerning the PayPal sandbox, you will see if you research that I have mentioned in many posts in the past that the sandbox is erratic at best and the worst thing that happens is upon occasion a member does get everything working in the sandbox mode and then when they go live it does not work!

This is why I recommend to just go live from the beginning.

I cannot confirm nor deny that you are the only one having this issue with Pay Per View because I am not aware of other support staff tickets, but I can confirm this is indeed the first time I have dealt with this issue.

So the next step is could you please post the URL to the site we are working with so that the lead developer and I can have a first hand look at what is going on there?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings oljej,

Thank you for the additional input and the URL so that our lead developer can take a peek at this page and see if his trained professional eyeballs can possibly spot the problem.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

I cannot reproduce need for clicking twice for Pay Per View case on my server. Can you switch to Sandbox mode?

For subscription and daily pass cases PPV waits for IPN response asyncronously from Paypal to reveal the content.

So in some cases IPN response may arrive later than user returns to the page. Please note that we have no control of speed of IPN response.

So that kind of behavior is possible.

Cheers,

Hakan

• oljej
    • Flash Drive

Sandbox is now activated, and it is acting differently than live. Still not working, but different – so not sure if this will help us get to the bottom of this or not. If you would like the wp-login credentials email me at equinepromo at gmail.

I will stay up late tonight if needed to try to get this resolved. I really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings oljej,

Thank you for the additional input and sorry to see that you are still having an issue with the Pay Per View plugin.

Since the lead developer who is the reigning authority on this plugin has suggested that you go into sandbox mode, I am wondering where he wants to take this next.

I will see if I can get him back in here to continue with troubleshooting the issues you are having but what precisely are those issues at this moment?

In your last post you mentioned that still not working but no details of what or when.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• oljej
    • Flash Drive

Now that I’m in Sandbox mode, if you/he tries to check out you will see the issues, won’t you? It gives an error code on the single option, and is behaving the same for the daily pass.

I am disappointed in how long this is taking – I’ve answered every question within an hour.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings oljej,

Thank you for your feedback which is certainly appreciated.

All do respect but believe it or not we do actually sleep and eat etc. and contrary to common belief we are not robots :wink:

Certainly I can log in to your site and see the issues It gives an error code on the single option, and is behaving the same for the daily pass etc. as you have described, but I am not a coder.

Hopefully @hakan will be able to make his way back in here sooner then later.

In any event, have a GREAT upcoming weekend.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this issue on any of my 3 test servers, but I indeed see that you have a problem on your website. So I believe there is something wrong with your Paypal settings or account.

1. Are you sure that yours is a Paypal business or premier account?

2. Are you sure that Paypal Express Checkout is shown as Live in My Account>Profile?

3. Are you using your account for any other payment collecting services, like an e-commerce system?

4. Does your Paypal country/currency selections match those of PPV Paypal settings?

Cheers,

Hakan

• oljej
    • Flash Drive
    # BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

All I did, is changed the permalink to post name as suggested in docs.

• oljej
    • Flash Drive

The http://test.equinetv.net is a stand-alone installation of both wordpress (not multi-site) and your plugin. I created this so I could have a totally clean environment to test in as the plugin did not work in the main site, even after disabling all of the plugins. But to rule out the fact that it might be due to a theme issue, I created a completely new website with a fresh database, and files (including your plugin).

.htaccess of main site (however this does not affect test.equinetv.net at all.

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

• oljej
    • Flash Drive

It is normal. I have that Site Lock down as it is not ready yet until I get your plug-in working :slight_smile:. However I just disabled temporarily tested and got the same response with that plug-in disabled. The subdomain is done at the root level of Apache, so the two sites aren’t talking to each other. The test.equineTV.net is its own domain. I get the same issues when testing on my local development server.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

It is normal. I have that Site Lock down as it is not ready yet until I get your plug-in working :slight_smile:.

Our plugin is more than ready for more than 9 months and it is working on thousands of websites.

If you put such restrictions, than we cannot help you any more. I am closing this thread as your test environment has limitations which does not exist in normal applications.

You may consider to apply for a refund using our contact form below:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Please do not reopen this thread unless you clear any restrictions and make your website as a normal working unrestricted one.

Cheers,

Hakan

• oljej
    • Flash Drive

I am sorry for the mis-understanding… The test.equinetv.net and equinetv.net had nothing to do with each other, I understand that there is no way to test with such limitations, which is why I created the new account on my server.

Anyway, to lessen the confusion, I have removed the site I was trying to lock and moved the test site to the main domain name – with no locks or anything. I am getting the same issue… I am happy to provide you ftp credentials or whatever you may need to investigate why this isn’t working on my server. Maybe it’s just a setting that I am missing or something?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.