Pay Per View, on an Event RSVP??

Can I use the "Pay Per View" feature on the RSVP button of a scheduled event??

I cannot seem to find out how. It appears you can only hide content in the WYSWIG box

• Hakan

I need visitors and basic members to pay $15 per class.
    I need members who pay for the $69/month membership option to have access to RSVP to any of them.

Then instead of Pay Per View, you should use Membership plugin + activate Membership integration in Events+

- Activate "Membership Integration" on Events>Settings Page
    - On Membership>Access levels add a New Level
    - On Membership>Subscription Plans page set prices and other rules (recurring frequency, etc) for this level
    - Check Membership>Settings>Stranger settings is set as the level you defined above so that everyone can accesss all of your pages
    - Create an Event or go to an already created Event
    - Set "Is this a paid event?' as Yes. Enter $15 in the price
    - In "Membership Integration" just below that select "Free for all members"
    - In "Free for" field select membership levels for which event will be free.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Shawnmon

OK, well now there's a bigger problem.

A viewer (non-member) RSVPs for an event, and is immediately accounted for instead of having to pay first. AND, that member cannot change their mind an "UN"rsvp or change their RSVP to not-attending.

I need these members to have the ability to update their status and free up some RSVP space on these limited events.

I also need it to ask for payment first (for the non-members), and only confirm their rsvp if they pay.

• Hakan

A viewer (non-member) RSVPs for an event, and is immediately accounted for instead of having to pay first. AND, that member cannot change their mind an "UN"rsvp or change their RSVP to not-attending.

Any logged in user can always change his mind. I tested this and it works fine for me. Please give a link to your event page so that we can see why it is not working for you.

I need these members to have the ability to update their status and free up some RSVP space on these limited events.

To disable non-paid RSVP's automatically just activate: RSVP status auto-reset addon and set Auto-reset unpaid RSVPs older then: setting accordingly.

I also need it to ask for payment first (for the non-members), and only confirm their rsvp if they pay.

In any ticketing system, there is a time delay between client applies for the event and he actually pays. So what you are asking is not possible unless he paid for a fee/deposit beforehand. Think about you are trying to buy an airplane ticket: That seat is reserved for any non-member for some minutes and it is freed only if client does not complete the transaction in a set time. This is also true for theaters, concerts, appointments, etc.

If you actually sure to do this, then you should define another membership level which costs $15 and set the event such that only members can see it.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Shawnmon

Here is the link to the events page per your above request
    http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/events/

So, you mentioned to set Auto-reset unpaid RSVPs older then: setting accordingly.

it looks like the smallest option is for one hour, correct? Any way to give a non-paid member just 15 minutes to pay?

And, will it give them the option to pay $69 as a fully paid monthly member? Where do they get the option to become paid members??

• Hakan

Hi,

Obviously there is a problem with your theme. The look is certainly not correct. Can you first temporarily switch to one of the default themes and see what it actually supposed to look like?

You should be seeing something like these pictures here (also click Usage tab):
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

Please visit Events>Settings page and invert selection for "Override default appearance".

For your other questions I will ask help of our support colleagues who have more experience on Membership and Events+. This topic was started as Pay Per View for which I am the developer, but now turned out to be Membership and Events+ .

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Shawnmon

Well, these plugins say they work with all themes. Apparently not.

So, will I risk losing stuff by switching themes?

Also, what do you mean "Invert" selection for "Override default appearance"?
    Do I select the box, or Don't select the box?? And, if selected, what do I select fro mthe drop down menu??

Furthermore, isn't there any experts in these wpmu-dev plugins that I can pay to set up my website the way I want it?

• Shawnmon

And why does my rsvp email settings keep adding more forward slashes and crazy stuff when I update another setting. Like this:

If you CANNOT attend this class, please change your rsvp as soon as possible so someone else can fill your spot, and so you dont get penalized as mentioned in the RULES Section of our <a title=\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Terms\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" href=\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"http://austinfitnessoptions.com/terms-agreements\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

• Hakan

So, will I risk losing stuff by switching themes?

No, you won't.

Also, what do you mean "Invert" selection for "Override default appearance"?

Override means use template files comes with Events+, not override means use your theme format instead. Test both options. Test different selections from drop down as you wish. It depends on what you want to display.

And why does my rsvp email settings keep adding more forward slashes and crazy stuff when I update another setting

Don't enter links or html codes directly. Use the "Insert/edit link" button instead.

Furthermore, isn't there any experts in these wpmu-dev plugins that I can pay to set up my website the way I want it?

As WPMU Dev team we don't do it, but you can look for a developer here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Cheers,
    Hakan

• aristath

@Shawnmon

Now I'm seeing that the functionality of changing members to different membership levels isn't working. I'm trying to "drop" a member's subscription,
    change the member's membership level and nothing is happening, nothing is updating.

Do you by any chance have any caching plugins enabled that would interfere with this so that you're not seeing the changes made?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• aristath

Ok, it works in Firefox or Internet Explorer, but what happened and will it happen to these browsers as well? Like i said, it was working fine and then all of a suddent it stopped.

I've seen this behavior on Chrome before... the browser though really robust, has some trouble when it comes to heavy js etc. Maybe it's a jquery conflict with your theme or another plugin.

Also, how do I show a place where visitors can Login or become members of my site?

You can simply create a new menu item that points to your /wp-login.php form. Usually you can do that from Appearance => menus, though some themes use their own implementations.

Also, how do I customize the front-page event scheduler form?

You can get the template files from the plugin, copy the ones you want to customize in your theme and edit them to your liking.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Shawnmon

THanks, but that last tip you gave me isn't completely understood

Where do I get the template files from the plugin?
    How do I customize in your theme and edit them to your liking.

Also, another problem here: when a visitor clicks on an event, and then clicks "I'm Attending", and a pop-up appears asking them to login - one of the options is to login via (my website name). When they click on that option to login, and they enter the wrong login credentials, it just sits there and doesn't do anything, as if it's broken.
    http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/events/2013/04/belly-dance-78745-11/

Also, another problem: once a member is logged in and clicks "I'm attending" it tells that member to pay. Once you click on "pay" it pops up a box that says there might be a miscommunication of server, or worse, an intruder/hacker!
    Is this safe? Whats going on here? How do I protect my website? Are these plugins not safe??
    http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/events/2013/04/belly-dance-78745-11/
    Try it and see.

• aristath

I just looked up the job you posted here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/project/wpmu-plugin-customization/
    Your description is this:

I need my wordpress website tweeked a bit to work properly. I\'m trying to accomplish this: My members (Fitness Instructors and Consumers) need the ability to create an account/profile. Fitness Instructors need the ability to schedule a fitness class (events+) from a front-end page (which I have installed already but it needs to be customized with a few different fields). That fitness class will then become part of my calendar/events, which my Consumer members can rsvp to according to their membership level. Monthly paid members will be able to RSVP to all events, and non-paid members can rsvp and pay per class until they pay to upgrade to a monthly membership plan. I have this all installed with WPMU-dev plugins, but maybe I need to switch themes, or use buddypress to be more effective at achieving what I want?

So I'll try to break this down as much as I can.

My members (Fitness Instructors and Consumers) need the ability to create an account/profile. Fitness Instructors need the ability to schedule a fitness class (events+) from a front-end page (which I have installed already but it needs to be customized with a few different fields).

Why exactly did you choose to use the events+ plugin?
    Fron the sound of it, it looks as if appointments+ is a closer match. The difference is that Fitness Instructors will have the ability to specify their working hours and members will be able to book a place at these classes. You can see a demo of how it works here: http://appointmentsplus.org/

That fitness class will then become part of my calendar/events, which my Consumer members can rsvp to according to their membership level. Monthly paid members will be able to RSVP to all events, and non-paid members can rsvp and pay per class until they pay to upgrade to a monthly membership plan.

In other words, members with an active membership will be able to "book an appointment" for free while visitors will have to pay per event, right?
    The good thing about the Appointments+ plugin is that it can integrate with MarketPress and take advantage of its payment gateways etc.
    MarketPress amongst others has a "cubepoints" payment gateway.
    So a solution would be to have 2 payment gateways enabled in MarketPress: Cubepoints and PayPal.
    Members would be able to pay with their "points", thus getting it for free.
    Visitors since they don't have any point would have to pay using PayPal.
    This would require a minimum amount of coding. It will simply need 2 actions to run:
    - When someone subscribes for a Membership they get a number of points that will allow them to book any appointment they wish
    - When their subscription ends, the points could be removed.

How does that sound as an alternative configuration?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Shawnmon

sounds good, if it will actually work. So far, nothing has done what it says, and even if I just can quite configure it correctly, I STILL can't reach anybody for real help. I've tried to hire, and nobody responds on the recommended wpmudev hiring link.

So, let's be clear here...

Are you telling me that hundreds of different fitness instructors/companies can set up their own appointment calendar on my website, each with a different location/map, and they can limit the number of appointments accepted, and these will all be shown on one calendar so that visitors and consumer members on my site can see them all.

Then, I can set up different paid-membership levels whereas someone who pays $29 gets 100 points, $59 gets 150 points, $89 gets 200 points, $129 gets 300 points, etc, etc, etc?

And, non-members/visitors can still see the calendar and appointments, but must pay per appointment to attend??

Is all this true?

• Shawnmon

hello? you still there? Is all that true, or was something overlooked?
    My initial concern is the

hundreds of different fitness instructors/companies can set up their own appointment calendar on my website, each with a different location/map, and they can limit the number of appointments accepted, and these will all be shown on one calendar so that visitors and consumer members on my site can see them all.

Can you read the above post and advise?

• aristath

sounds good, if it will actually work. So far, nothing has done what it says

Well, they do what they say... but you want them to do a lot more than that!

Are you telling me that hundreds of different fitness instructors/companies can set up their own appointment calendar on my website, each with a different location/map

Yes

and they can limit the number of appointments accepted

The limitation of appointments per hour is on a site-basis, not instructor-basis.
    So if you wanted each instructor to set their own limits, you'd have to use WordPress multisite. Each instructor will then have his own site and can impose their own limits.

and these will all be shown on one calendar so that visitors and consumer members on my site can see them all.

This is where things get a bit complicated... If you use multisite then parsing all that data from individual sites to a main calendar will have to be custom-coded.
    You can use the Post Indexer plugin to get all the events on a main location, but to actually display them as a calendar you'll need custom code.

Then, I can set up different paid-membership levels whereas someone who pays $29 gets 100 points, $59 gets 150 points, $89 gets 200 points, $129 gets 300 points, etc, etc, etc?

Yes. But as I mentioned above, you'll have to custom-code the points system as there is no implementation by default to "assign" points to users once they subscribe to a level.

And, non-members/visitors can still see the calendar and appointments, but must pay per appointment to attend??

That's the idea.

You could also use BuddyPress and use group events if you want... So that group events can be used for "classes" and appointments+ for one-on-one appointments if you wish. This way instructors would be able to add maps, bio etc on their profile pages and you'd be able to take advantage of other BuddyPress features such as actually creating a community social-network-like with messaging etc.

This is NOT a simple project and it will in no way be possible without custom-coding.
    Plugins are simply tools in your arsenal. They can take you up to a point in your project but you'll have to customize some parts to get EXACTLY what you're after.

Take care,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.