pay per view one time view one price for all pages?

Hi, having trouble if go the route of daily pass as it is very confusing for customers. Says logging in with wordpress will send password - didn't with test.
Registering if not with social media is messy anyway. Trying to make a free access to view for media only for publicity by giving them an authorisation that should allow them access (contributor) if they go in through your wordpress login still get taken to worldpay then need to click back on browser - cant ask media reporters to do this. Go other route and they get another convoluted route through dashboard.

The main question though is I would like one price for all content without customers registering. Have 75 pages of video (and more to come). Can't ask them to pay 5p by paypal for each page.
And registering route the clunky way it is with wordpress (which does not send passwords - is there something else to set up?) will lead to me spending all my time on complaints.
Is there any way to use one time view at one price for all pages?
Many thanks

Geoff

• geoff
    • Flash Drive

Yes have it as a deactivated plugin but it was very complicated and could not get it to work for my content.
    Can't remember the main problem, but I got stuck for days so went for pay per view as seemed simpler.

If you can tell me how to have a simple access on either that gives 24 hour access for £3 and will let pay with a like do some other pages I would be forever in your debt.

Site launching with heavy publicity next week so getting worried.

Wont pay per view do what I want?

Regards

Geoff

• geoff
    • Flash Drive

Sorry can possibly get round this problem without shortcodes using the negatives rules..except says only access to 50 most recent pages. I have 75 (and will increase) videos that are all on their own page and they are in sequence - the first one being not in the most recent top fifty.

Regards

Geoff

• geoff
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ari
    Have spent hours moving over to membership as suggested but the main problem is their is no paypal payment page coming up - all customers register and go straight through without being asked for payment.Membership log in does look much better though.

asked support a few hours ago and was sent a screenshot of the payments page which I had already been looking at for hours in real life. Nothing since from them.

With pay per view I had to put in paypal authorisation codes - no mention of it on membership in the manual, videos support blogs or anything. If it really is just putting your email address in have checked and rechecked that is correct.

• geoff
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ari
    Have spent hours moving over to membership as suggested but the main problem is their is no paypal payment page coming up - all customers register and go straight through without being asked for payment.Membership log in does look much better though.

asked support about twelve hours ago and was sent a screenshot of the payments page which I had already been looking at for hours in real life. Nothing since from them.

With pay per view I had to put in paypal authorisation codes - no mention of it on membership in the manual, videos support blogs or anything. If it really is just putting your email address in have checked and rechecked that is correct.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Trying membership again on your advise but putting the restricted shortcodes either side of the restricted content just gives that code written up on the website & does not restrict anything.

The shortcodes work for ALL users EXCEPT the membership administrator!
    If you try this as a normal user you'll see them applied normally. Membership administratos however manage these and need to see everything.

Can you please post a link to your site so that I may see this in action and try to create an account there?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• geoff
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ari,
    Have separate browser open as non administrator and have been 20 different new users through the night with the second problem below. Think I have sorted the restricted content now as I have been up all night since we last spoke trying to sort out other problems - though the code wording does show on the site. On this subject though is there a way to get round the "only the most recent 50 pages" as blocking off the pages much easier.

But the BIG problem that has kept me up is that paypal is nowhere to be seen on my site (administrator or customer view). Users just register then get access to paid content.

Pay to view asked for API codes but is that for facebook purchasers? Anyway all membership asks for is my paypal email address which I have quadruple checked is right - presuming it means paypal log in address.

Site goes live Tuesday with lots of publicity so getting worried and whilst trying to figure things out with pay to view (differences) have messed up that as a back up.
    Should be doing other work for launch but worn out. Please help!

• geoff
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ari,

Appreciate you were in a time zone so you went away. If you can help now that would be great. I thought with 24/7 support publicised someone else would take over. Don't know how your company works.

I am running out of time on this as lots of other stuff to do once working. Am supposed to be going out to a meeting now but can't go till have the site working with paypal again. Guessing it must be something simple I am missing ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Geoff

• aristath
    • Recruit

I'm afraid I'll have to take a closer look at your installation to figure out what's going on...

Can you send me your admin credentials please?
    - Send an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Select "I have a different question" from the dropdown
    - On the subject enter "Attn: aristath".
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue
    - Include a link to your website
    - Include your superadmin credentials (username + password)

Cheers,
    Ari.

• geoff
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ari,

Just sent you a reply email but thought I'd better post here in case you don't get it. Sent my revised log ins yesterday. Have you looked at the site yet?

Getting really worried as press launch for site tomorrow.

Many thanks

Geoff

• aristath
    • Recruit

@geoff
    I'm sorry or not replying any sooner, I just had the day off yesterday and I'm catching up with all the replies.
    As I replied in the email I sent you earlier, the credentials were invalid the 2nd time (perhaps you changed them again because it took me too long to log-in because f my day-off?)

Please advise,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.