Pay Per View or Membership 2 Pro

Hi Guys, I've installed and tested Pay Per View on a site but it's not quite performing or doing what I need it to. As the 'one time view' function doesn't require the user to register, once they clear their cache access is revoked and they have to pay to see the specific page again! This is the not ideal part....

I need to be able to sell content on a page by page basis depending on what the users wants to see, all whilst remembering which pages they have paid for i.e. with a registered user account.

With Pay Per View it looks as though it can either request payment one page at a time with no way of remembering which have been paid for OR access to ALL protected pages for a single one of payment for an admin set specific period of time i.e all pages for 365 days, is this correct?

So... after some consideration it looks like I am going to have to to rethink my approach to this as 'one time view' for specific pages doesn't allow/require the page by page access for a year that I had hoped it would. Would I be able to use Membership to lock pages and then require registration and THEN use the 'one time view' once they were a registered member, or would access to pages still be revoked if they cleared their cache?

Any suggestions/help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

• Nithin

Hey Matt,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Would I be able to use Membership to lock pages and then require registration and THEN use the 'one time view' once they were a registered member, or would access to pages still be revoked if they cleared their cache?

Only Recurring subscription in Pay Per View will work in general, rest of the payment options like One time view etc works based on cookies, so if you clear the browser cache, the contents will get protected by a Pay Wall.

The only workaround would be make use of "Recurring Subscriptions", if not you'll have to protected/hide the pages/post by membership using Membership 2 Pro plugin, and the users will have to pay for that membership in order to access these pages/post, in this case the Pay Per View plugin doesn't come into use, as you can achieve it through the Membership 2 Pro plugin.

I hope this clears your queries, please do let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Matt

Hi Nithin, thanks for the reply.

If I had 100 pay per view pages and the user wanted to view just 3 specific ones, would membership pro 2 allow me to require registration and then a unique price per post like we can do with PPV?
    So user registers, pays £xx to access one page, £yy to access another page and £zz to access another page?
    Also are the membership levels hierarchical in that if they subscribe to level 2 they get access to level 1 automatically?

Thanks
    Matt

• Nastia

Hello Matt

Hope all is well!

With Membership 2 Pro user registration is required, but it is not possible to ask a different payment for each post. Only if several Memberships are created and user can sign up to multiple memberships.

So user registers, pays £xx to access one page, £yy to access another page and £zz to access another page?

This can be achieved with Pay Per View plugin only, and the registration is required only with Period Pass and Recurring subscription payments options.

Also are the membership levels hierarchical in that if they subscribe to level 2 they get access to level 1 automatically?

The Memberships are not hierarchical, however, members can signs up to multiple memberships. This can be achieved with Multiple Memberships that can be enabled from Memberships 2 > Add-ons

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia