Pay Per View or Membership 2 Pro?

Hi, through another company I have used Pay Per View for some time. Now I want to use your plugin directly, without paying them. But I see you also have another one called Membership 2 Pro? Is that better for newspaper/magazines than the other one or what is the difference? There was some functionality/usability problems with the other ones so it was hard to see the memberships and user info in a user friendly way for us. So if there is something better, I would very much like to use it. What do you suggest?

Predrag Dubajic

Hey Henrik,

Hope you're doing well today

We only sell Pay Per View plugin as part of our membership, we don't provide it on alternative sources so I'm not sure where did you used it before and we can't guarantee that the code was unaltered by that provider, just wanted to clear that up

About PPV vs M2, well, there are a lot of differences between the two, PPV is more simplified plugin where you select desired payment method and protect certain with shortcode, there's not much more about it.

M2 on other hand is full membership plugin that give you a lot more options compared to PPV, you have option to create multiple memberships, protect content to specific membership, protect content for registered user without any membership or even setup specific parts of your site to be visible only to visitors that are not logged in.

M2 also offers multiple gateways, 2Checkout, PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net or manual payments.
    You also have an option to select how the payments will be made, will it be one time payment for finit access or time limited, or you can use recurring payments that will automatically bill your users after membership expires.

There's also an option to setup dripped membership, this way you can select desired content to be available to user X days after registration, or after specific date.

M2 comes with set of add-ons that you can use to extend plugin functionality.

Long story short, M2 is way more powerful than PPV and I would suggest checking M2 usage page to see more about available options:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#product-usage

Let us know if you have any followup questions

Best regards,
    Predrag

Predrag Dubajic

Hi Henrik,

1. Is there anything PPV can do that M2 can not do?

Actually there is, sorry for not mentioning that, PPV has an option to reveal content to visitors when they pay, this is not possible with M2 I'm afraid, if there's content that needs payment users will need to create an account.

2. Is it possible to import the existing users from PPV to M2?

Unfortunately no, you will see your registered users withing M2 but you will need to assign them memberships or ask them to subscribe to your provided memberships.

3. Can everything on both be translated to another language without having to know a lot about coding?

Both plugins come with translation files so you can use Poedit to translate the plugins.
    M2 does have some content that can be defined in shortcodes so you can check that in Membership 2 > Help > Shortcodes panel.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Henrik

Ok, thanks for the answer. I need to be able to let users pay without creating an account. So it’s good to know.

It would be a good improvement if you could make the admin area in PPV more user friendly and customisable on the frontend. It seems like there are only one way to show people they have to pay. I would like something that looks nicer and more options to choose from.

So if you can take this to the team, it would be great. Many of your products have a great surface and are user friendly, but not so much this one, unfortunately.