Pay Per View - Recurring Subscriptions

Hi, I've set up the Pay Per View plugin on my site, which works well for one off payments.

I've been trying to also set up a recurring payment option, but am a bit confused about how this is supposed to work. At what point is the recurring payment set up? I tried creating a test user, who was allowed access without making a payment.

If someone could explain that would be great.

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Stefhan,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

if you go to pay per view > settings, in your wp-admin. You should see the daily pass settings under payment options, you can choose how long this pass is for, i.e, 1 day or 1 year for example.

You want to check the recurring subscription option and set your price and period, then when someone goes to purchase content, they'll be given the option to buy access to all content for ex amount of time on a recurring basis. It sets up a subscription in PayPal for the price of the subscription and then automatically charges that each month to the members account.

You must have protected the content already using the shortcodes or the automatic protection, so you'd wrap your content in the pay per view shortcodes by clicking the green selection button in your visual editor within WordPress. :slight_smile:

The subscription would be for all the content you've chosen to protect.

We also have details on this in our usage guide here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pay-per-view/#usage and if we can assist at all, please don't hesitate to ask. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Stefhan

Hi Jack

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I've resolved it now:

I protected the content and that all worked fine - paying for one-off viewing worked as expected.

What I'd done wrong was that I hadn't set the 'Authorized users see full content' box to No, which meant that users could register and login and be able to see the protected content without paying. I set it to No and it now works correctly.

This could be made a bit clearer in the documentation I think...

Thanks again

Stefhan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.