Pay Per View - Smoother Registration Process

Hi, I want to make a smoother registration/payment process for people who sign up.

For single payments, there is a button that says "click to confirm payment of $1" after returning from PayPal that the user must click to finally reveal the content. I'd like to "click" this for them with javascript to make a smoother experience. Are there any POST or GET values I can look for when they return from PayPal that lets me know I should trigger this click?

For subscriptions, I'd like to be able to have the user register, then immediately be redirected to PayPal, or at least back to the article they came from. I know it's possible to pass a simple ?redirect_to=site.com to wp-login.php to achieve this. Where can I alter the URL that Pay Per View sends the user to?

Any other suggestions on how to approach these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mel

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mel,

Hope you're having a great day! Thanks for your question here.

This would involve diving into the code, I will flag SLS on this one to get their feedback for you :slight_smile:

If possible, then they will provide a custom solution for you on both of these.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mel,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Our developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket so in the mean while i will try to answer some of your questions.

For single payments, there is a button that says "click to confirm payment of $1" after returning from PayPal that the user must click to finally reveal the content. I'd like to "click" this for them with javascript to make a smoother experience. Are there any POST or GET values I can look for when they return from PayPal that lets me know I should trigger this click?

This is required process as described on the following threads and it's not just page reload.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/its-not-going-smoothly-with-pay-per-view#post-232381

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/its-not-going-smoothly-with-pay-per-view#post-236534

You can change the text of the button as describe din the following reply.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pending-approval-for-payment-to-view-content#post-601654

For subscriptions, I'd like to be able to have the user register, then immediately be redirected to PayPal, or at least back to the article they came from. I know it's possible to pass a simple ?redirect_to=site.com to wp-login.php to achieve this. Where can I alter the URL that Pay Per View sends the user to?

You can edit the following Pay Per View plugin file on line number 214 so that on clicking on the button "Register" users will be redirected to log in form and if they log in then they will be redirected to the page where they have clicked the register button.

If they click on the register link on log in page then they will be redirected to the registration form.

Pay Per View plugin file:
    pay-per-view/pay-per-view.php

Before Editing:
    admin_url('admin-ajax.php'), plugins_url('pay-per-view/images/'), wp_registration_url()

After Editing
    site_url( 'wp-login.php?action=register&redirect_to='.get_the_permalink(), 'login' )

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.