pay per view social login feature as stand alone

You have social login feature in pay per view and comments plus. I was just wondering why it could not be made as a stand alone plugin compatible with rest of your plugins? I need this feature but I do not want any pay wall. Can I still be able to use it? Would I still be needing to use/configure comment plus social features separately as they do not get people signed up with your site which is inconvenience again. Not sure from whom you take your input while writing these plugins.

• Patrick

Hi there @chodhry

I hope you're well today!

We do indeed have social login features in various plugins like Comments Plus & Pay-per-View. Instead of replicating the same/similar code throughout several plugins, we could perhaps have a standalone social login plugin that integrates with all our stuff. Perhaps a re-factoring of Ultimate Facebook & call it Ultimate Social? Or Social+ :slight_smile:

That is an excellent observation, and I just shared it with the team so see what kind of feedback it generates.

In the meantime, I have also moved this to the Features & Feedback forum to give it more exposure in the community.

+1s anyone?

• chodhry

I don't know if the community over here is active enough to vote. Why don't you start sharing the feature requests in the emails which I do get every once in a while. Your blog posts often provide a wealth of knowledge but as a user I would be more interested to be part of the road map of the products I use instead of some random WP article which I can also get from dozens of other sources when ever I needed.

• Sajid

Hi @chodhry

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

We move it into Features & Feedback so our developers also get notified about the suggestion and we keep an eye on features requests on regular basis. All our members search the forum first before posting in forum or starting a new thread. So if a member will find this post and looking for same feature then they will upvote here.

Another reason its did not get included in newsletter, that all our subscribers got our news letter even if they are not member of WPMUDEV.

However we always listens and appreciate our members feedback & suggestions. We will try our best to include features requested by you or our valuable members of community.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.