Pay Per View translations & PayPal checkout

1. So I've signed up for the free trial and am liking it so far. Adding the language sounds easy. Just - I have a hosted WP plan (GoDaddy), which means that I don't usually manually upload files. Can you tell me how to do this for the two language files?

2. My BETA testers report an issue with language. our Pay per View is linked to a Spanish PayPal account (whose preferred language is set to be English). Nevertheless, if you click on a button to subscribe (Express Checkout), you end up on a PayPal checkout page in Spanish. Is there a way to set it up so that those navigating our site in Spanish get to the Spanish PayPal Checkout page, and those in English getting an English Checkout page?

Example: http://bit.ly/2aptOSJ

Thank you
Florian

Rupok

Hi Florian, hope you had a wonderful day.

1. Well, it's gonna be tough without uploading language files, even I'm not sure how to do that. But if you can install plugins from WP Plugin Repository, then can you try installing this plugin? It will allow you to upload files from inside your WP Dashboard. I've not used it but it should work.

2. I'm afraid, this won't be possible because if your API is generated from Spanish PayPal, users will always be taken to Spanish PayPal site and spanish language will be shown. It's totally upto PayPal and I'm afraid, we don't have much to do here.

Please let us know if you have any further inquiry. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Florian

Hi Rupok,

thanks for your support.

1. We've managed to upload the language files. Now, how do we 'activate' them? I cannot find the Spanish version as string translations under Languages in Settings. And it doesn't automatically show up in our Spanish version either (English text appears - see here)

2. I see. But this must be an issue for many users of your plugin who have international readership. Surely there must be a workaround?

Florian

So, I've done some testing and it seems that on this live sample page the express checkout option/button (24 hour access) links to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&token=EC-2FL69040997169740#/checkout/guest which gets me to the new PayPal checkout page in English (which is what I want),

whereas the period subscription (1 year) links to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
    which gets me to the old PayPal checkout page in Spanish.

Do you have ideas how to fix the latter to behave like the first?

And how can I activate the language files to display the button text in Spanish? I have already uploaded the language files into the directory.

Thanks!

Kasia Swiderska

Hello Florian,

So, I've done some testing and it seems that on this live sample page the express checkout option/button (24 hour access) links to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&token=EC-2FL69040997169740#/checkout/guest which gets me to the new PayPal checkout page in English (which is what I want),

I've checked also that page and I'm redirected to Spanish paypal

and I was redirected there from English version of the page. I'm not sure how PayPal decide what language display - but it cannot be control from our plugin side.

And how can I activate the language files to display the button text in Spanish? I have already uploaded the language files into the directory.

You don't need to activate those files - they will be loaded automatically when language will be changed.
    But I suspect that buttons that are not translated are those you set in settings yes?

Because those are in settings then there are not going to be translated form files
    You are using Polylang translation plugin yes? I will ping developer on how can we modify plugin to translate those settings.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Florian

Hi Kasia,

thanks for that. I think it now links to the English Paypal page - should be solved. What's still bugging me is that there is no way to display the button in Spanish. Yes, you enter the text on the Settings page, but there should be a way to have it displayed in different languages. Thanks for pinging your developers to see if this can be solved.

Another issue I am encountering is that, when enabling the pay per view on a blog post using the Automatic Excerpt option, it takes 3-5 attempts before the value in the Excerpt length registers and doesn't disappear once I save or update the post. Every refresh of the page after edit makes me lose that value too, which is very annoying. I haven't set any word count in the global settings, since it is different for each page. This probably is a bug or something that needs to be fixed.

Nithin

Hi Florian,

Hope you are doing good today.

Another issue I am encountering is that, when enabling the pay per view on a blog post using the Automatic Excerpt option, it takes 3-5 attempts before the value in the Excerpt length registers and doesn't disappear once I save or update the post. Every refresh of the page after edit makes me lose that value too, which is very annoying. I haven't set any word count in the global settings, since it is different for each page. This probably is a bug or something that needs to be fixed.

I tried testing this in my system, but I cannot replicate this. Could you please point out, which post you are having issue with? So that I could check this, and if possible replicate, if it's an issue. To troubleshoot it further, please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could help get this sorted. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin