Getting Pay to Blog and Supporter working together

Hi

I'm creating a new site in which people have to pay to create a standard blog but can upgrade if they want extra's.

I thought pay to blog would be a good option for the initial standard package and supporter would work for the upgrade but when I activate pay to blog the supporter admin menu vanishes on the child blogs.

Does anybody know where I'm going wrong?

Cheers

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya moviba,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

Supporter and Pay to Blog aren't meant to work together in this way. If anything, I'd recommend using Supporter. We're working on some massive upgrades to this plugin that we hope to have out very soon - it should provide you with everything you need.

You can combine Supporter with the enhancements such as 'supporter-writes' included in your download to stop folks from even publishing a post until they've paid.

If you need further clarification on how to set that up, let us know, but I'd highly recommend going the Supporter route.

Thanks!

• moviba
    • New Recruit

@masonjames Thanks for the information, Do you know roughly when the update will be released and/or is there anyway I can get hold of the new release early while helping you guys with testing. I'm eager to get my site running properly asap.

Thanks for your help

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi moviba,

Stepping in for Mason here, we don't have an ETA on the upcoming version but we can say it's under heavy development right now. For the moment, if there's any way we can assist with getting it to work in a feasible way with the current version of Supporter, we'll be more than happy to assist. Did you have any specific questions on how this could be achieved?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.